• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

This is too flipping much

G

Girl interupted

Aunt two provinces away is presenting with dementia. Had to call police today to do a wellness check on her and her husband with Alzheimer’s.

Officer called me back to tell me she’s showing signs of dementia. Thinks people are plotting against her. Particularly neighbours across the street Who are monitoring her phone line to ask her to join a secret society.

There are no cousins. It’s only me.

somewhat grateful I never had kids to pass on this fubar genetics.

My solution? Wine. I have a problem,.

G

Girl interupted

I’m going to have to go there to fix this. But I’m so sick of being the only adult in my entire family.

G

Girl interupted

Aunt made my mother’s death all about her.

This is so flipping hard.

D

dewey

I’m going to have to go there to fix this. But I’m so sick of being the only adult in my entire family.
Are you the only adult in the entire family or others just not taking responsibility?

G

Girl interupted

only adult. Everyone else is frozen, unwilling to act

G

Girl interupted

It gets better, officer called me back today to tell me she had stuffed paper towels in the radiators all over the house to stop the voices. She is not schizophrenic.

My uncle, her brother, calls me to thank me for taking action. All the “adults” in my family are incapable of action.

You don’t let someone suffer and do nothing.

I bloody well won the family lottery.

G

Girl interupted

She had breast cancer a number of years back, doesn’t maintain/monitor it. It’s likely back and has gone north to her brain like my mom. I am not sure I can deal with another person with brain cancer.