• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

this is stupid for me, help

H

HONEYSWEET

can any1 give me advice. im now scared of going out!!!! which is stupid for me i have horses and a dog that needs sorting and i cant, this fear is getting worse and has been going on for about a month. how do i stop it?
xx

thedreamswehad

thedreamswehad

Have you got a friend or family member you could talk to? Sometimes i find it difficult to go out especially alone and find it easier to go with someone and start of with somewhere close and gradually go further the more comfortable you feel. Good luck

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Honey, you have my sympathies. I've been unable to go out without my husband or daughter for over a year now and its horrible cos my hubby works 6 days a week so i'm very rarely out. the walls just feel like they're closing in all the time and my family (who are less than helpful) think i'm just lazy and can't be bothered to go out. its nearly summer and the thought that i'm going to be sitting looking out at the sun depresses the life out of me. you're not alone.

H

HONEYSWEET

emac1 y cant u go out on yr own? xx

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
When I even think about leaving the house I get really bad sweats, my head goes all fuzzy and I think I'm going to pass out, my heart beats really fast, my fingers and toes go numb - its all just anxiety. Its shit!! Then when I calm down I get a terrible headache and have to lie down and the headache can last from a couple of hours to a couple of days.