• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

This is Amica saying Hello for the first time

A

amica

I am new to the site. I have bipolar II pretty much well stabilised but miss the hypomania. Though my family know I am bipolar I am normal enough when medicated that they don't 'believe' it, which especially with my adult son has caused a distancing. I am a nonfiction writer currently researching a biography. No idea if it will work out but giving it a good shot. Love my work, which keeps me sane. My husband is depressed but so far won't do anything about it. My son is married and lives in another city with his very nice wife. I think I am lonely though I know a lot of people. The idea of a community of bipolar people is very welcoming--no explanations needed, a certain understanding of eachother's needs and problems.

D

Dollit

Hi Amica, it is very appealing the idea of not having to explain everything. The added bonus is that this is a real community and it's been easy for me to make friends and gain support. I'm lucky that I get a lot of support out in the real world but I love the people here and I love this forum. Hope you get what you need here.

A

amica

Thankyou--that was sweet.

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi Amica and welcome :welcome: to the forum! I think Dollit has just about said it all. What suprised me was how easy and quickly it was to get into the community here. Everyone is very friendly and welcoming with loads of support and help.

Enjoy and post whenever you feel comfortable!

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Hi Amica and :welcome: to MHF :) You will find friendly, supportive and helpful folk here. :flowers:

S

Starbright

Hi, Amica, we're a group who have every mental illness under the sun and we support each other :welcome::grouphug:

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
I am new to the site. I have bipolar II pretty much well stabilised but miss the hypomania. Though my family know I am bipolar I am normal enough when medicated that they don't 'believe' it, which especially with my adult son has caused a distancing. I am a nonfiction writer currently researching a biography. No idea if it will work out but giving it a good shot. Love my work, which keeps me sane. My husband is depressed but so far won't do anything about it. My son is married and lives in another city with his very nice wife. I think I am lonely though I know a lot of people. The idea of a community of bipolar people is very welcoming--no explanations needed, a certain understanding of eachother's needs and problems.
Hello and :welcome: to MHF :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Introduce Yourself 64
ColdandAlone Introduce Yourself 13
M Introduce Yourself 4
A Introduce Yourself 2
P Introduce Yourself 2