• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

This ball of strings is unravelling fast!

N

northern

I'm new to this but sometimes I am close to loosing it totally.

I have suffered for the past 21 years from chronic pain, migraines, hayfever, have been DX with PTSD, TMJ, Clinicial Depression, Panic & Anxiety attacks, mild phobias such as going to a Doctors surgery and Hashimotos thyroid etc.

Recently been DX with Diabetes 2 with heart problems because of the delay in DX diabetes, although i knew i had it many years. Long story.

Feed up with doctors, feed up with the meds that make me feel more ill now than I did before etc

Anyway I hope this forum will help me to vent and get some insight from others

D

Dollit

That's quite a lot of stuff to be carrying around. Little wonder you need somewhere. Well it's safe and supportive here. A lot of us have blogs down in the journals section and find that it helps to have that.

Look forward to getting to know you.

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
Hang in there Northern. Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

I'm also a chronic pain sufferer , and have Hypothyroidism amongst other things. It's these things that other's can't see that we carry around with us that makes us feel so alone.
You're not alone here. :)

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Welcome Northern, good to have you here! I hope you find the some support here that will help (I'm sure you will - everyone here is so nice!). Take care and dive in when you're ready.

Colin76

Colin76

Founding Member
Hello Northern and :welcome: to a friendly and supportive forum.

Q

quality factor

Hi there Northern and :welcome: this is a good place to be!

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Hi Northern and :welcome: to MHF :) You will find lots of help and support here :hug:

I'm also a 'chronic pain patient' and like you have other unseen illnesses and disabilities, and ought to rattle with the amount of pills I pop each day :)

Rant away, there is always somone around 24/7 :hug:

N

northern

Hi Northern and :welcome: to MHF :) You will find lots of help and support here :hug:

I'm also a 'chronic pain patient' and like you have other unseen illnesses and disabilities, and ought to rattle with the amount of pills I pop each day :)

Rant away, there is always somone around 24/7 :hug:
Thanks Libra1 and the too the others as well :) being here and being able to get some things out in the open helps alot.

Chronic pain with other health issues is a living nightmare and just because people can not see it and we do go about our daily lives, apparently we can't be all that bad:mad: There are days I can not even get out of bed due to the pain, yet I try as I have dogs to look after and husband that spends 5 days aweek away from home earning an income.

Had a surgeon once tell me, if I had a face that was badly scarred or a limb missing or was in a wheelchair, people would be alot less critical and way more helpful with regards to my health issues. Also having a high threshold to pain doesn't do me any favours, as normal people would be knocking down the doors at the hospital screaming their heads off.