• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

This ball of strings is unravelling fast!

N

northern

I'm new to this but sometimes I am close to loosing it totally.

I have suffered for the past 21 years from chronic pain, migraines, hayfever, have been DX with PTSD, TMJ, Clinicial Depression, Panic & Anxiety attacks, mild phobias such as going to a Doctors surgery and Hashimotos thyroid etc.

Recently been DX with Diabetes 2 with heart problems because of the delay in DX diabetes, although i knew i had it many years. Long story.

Feed up with doctors, feed up with the meds that make me feel more ill now than I did before etc

Anyway I hope this forum will help me to vent and get some insight from others

D

Dollit

That's quite a lot of stuff to be carrying around. Little wonder you need somewhere. Well it's safe and supportive here. A lot of us have blogs down in the journals section and find that it helps to have that.

Look forward to getting to know you.

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
Hang in there Northern. Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

I'm also a chronic pain sufferer , and have Hypothyroidism amongst other things. It's these things that other's can't see that we carry around with us that makes us feel so alone.
You're not alone here. :)

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Welcome Northern, good to have you here! I hope you find the some support here that will help (I'm sure you will - everyone here is so nice!). Take care and dive in when you're ready.

Colin76

Colin76

Founding Member
Hello Northern and :welcome: to a friendly and supportive forum.

Q

quality factor

Hi there Northern and :welcome: this is a good place to be!

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Hi Northern and :welcome: to MHF :) You will find lots of help and support here :hug:

I'm also a 'chronic pain patient' and like you have other unseen illnesses and disabilities, and ought to rattle with the amount of pills I pop each day :)

Rant away, there is always somone around 24/7 :hug:

N

northern

Hi Northern and :welcome: to MHF :) You will find lots of help and support here :hug:

I'm also a 'chronic pain patient' and like you have other unseen illnesses and disabilities, and ought to rattle with the amount of pills I pop each day :)

Rant away, there is always somone around 24/7 :hug:
Thanks Libra1 and the too the others as well :) being here and being able to get some things out in the open helps alot.

Chronic pain with other health issues is a living nightmare and just because people can not see it and we do go about our daily lives, apparently we can't be all that bad:mad: There are days I can not even get out of bed due to the pain, yet I try as I have dogs to look after and husband that spends 5 days aweek away from home earning an income.

Had a surgeon once tell me, if I had a face that was badly scarred or a limb missing or was in a wheelchair, people would be alot less critical and way more helpful with regards to my health issues. Also having a high threshold to pain doesn't do me any favours, as normal people would be knocking down the doors at the hospital screaming their heads off.