• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Third miscarriage, 4th baby lost

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

I had a miscarriage on Thursday. I feel like I will never have a baby. I've lost 4 babies. One right after birth and then three miscarriages about the same time (6-7 weeks). It's extremely saddening. I didn't know if I should post but I'm really struggling. I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Oh Lincoln.. :hug1:
I'm so sorry, you must be feeling really low about it and what a horrible experience to have more than once. :low:
I definitely think you should post, particularly as you as struggling. I'm just sorry I can't say anything to make it better - i'm here for you though. xx

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

I feel so stupid since a little girl was killed not far from my home. So it makes me feel silly whining about losing a 6 week old fetus. A lot has happened the past couple days. I'm so sad about it all.

I don't know what I expected when I posted. Just to know people care I guess. Thank you.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Gosh i'm soo sorry to hear about this. My condolences to you and your family. Please rest and do whatever it takes to recover from this. We at the forum are here for you if you need us. Please take care :hug1:

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

Thank you.

The worst part? Sue thinks it's for the best. It makes me feel like my feelings are invalid.

C

Christobel

So sorry to hear about your troubles, Lincoln. The foetuses may only have been small, but they were your precious babies. Are the Drs able to perform any procedures to help stop it happening again?

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

That's just her opinion though. How can experiencing what you've just gone through be for the best? :confused:

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Just because something bad like that has happened close to where you live, it doesn't make your loss any less so.

I know there is a lot of debate around at what point a foetus becomes a baby (and i'm not getting into that), but that's irrelevant. You felt it was your baby and so that means that this is a really painful loss for you, and you'll need to grieve it.

I'm sorry that Sue said it was for the best. You're right, that is invalidating and it's not hearing that you're hurt. Do you think you'd be able to tell her that you felt a bit shut down when she said that?

I don't know if it's the right time whist things are so raw, but perhaps in the future you could see the doctor about whether or not there is a reason as to why you miscarry.
One day you might want to start a family with a lovely partner and it might help you to know what's going on. xx

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

I will have to tell her Tuesday or wait until she gets back. She's leaving for two weeks to a different state. Makes me feel abandoned.

I have to go back to the doctor next week to see if everything passed. I will discuss other options.

My cousin had her baby girl last night AND my other cousin's (her brother) girlfriend is in labor. It's extremely upsetting. What did I do to deserve this? Why can't I have a baby? I don't understand.

I feel stupid. This was my baby. I only knew about it for a week but I knew I was probably going to keep it. I might not be able to get pregnant again. I don't know.

I've thought about going into the hospital. For a few days. It's all my fault. Everything is.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

If you think hospital might be a safer place to be than where you are now perhaps it's something to consider.
I do think it's very natural for you to be struggling and i'm not saying you're ill - but it is better that you look after yourself and be somewhere safe.

It must be all the more upsetting for you, seeing as cousins are having babies.:sorry:
Don't lose hope yet though, there could be a number of reasons why this is happening and it might get better. Not sure what meds you're on but medications can cause all kinds of problems in pregnancy. x

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

I'm on several meds. Not as many as I ised to be on but there are several. I'm just so sad I don't understand. I'm so old compared to everyone who has had children in my family. I'm only 24 I know but everyone has had children at 18-20. Even my mother had me at 19. Yes I have mental illness but that doesn't mean I can't have children.

I'm just so upset. I can't believe this happened again. Then to be invalidated. I'm angry at Sue. I hardly get angry at her but I right now.

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Admin
I'm so sorry Linc, and that Sue wasn't more sensitive to your feelings :hug:

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

Thank you.

I just can't believe it. Yes it was the wrong time but still...