thinking.of quitting work

Tabby 88

Tabby 88

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Undertaker?
Helper at a hospice? Paliative care. Those sorts of jobs. Nursing homes.

I think after mental illness, meaningful jobs can be important. That is where my thinking is headed. Animals too but if i saw an animal who was not well, i think that would be too hard for me now.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Undertaker?
Helper at a hospice? Paliative care. Those sorts of jobs. Nursing homes.

I think after mental illness, meaningful jobs can be important. That is where my thinking is headed. Animals too but if i saw an animal who was not well, i think that would be too hard for me now.
meaningful jobs can be important, but are impossible to get or do, the only job i can do is assembleing dolls at the psychiatric rehabilitation assoc, and i have no real drive to do that

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
a job where you are out and about helping people would be great.

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
we can't all be peer support workers or there would be nobody to be a peer support worker to
I needed a peer support work when I was younger but never happened. Now I am older, I may not be able to cope with a regular job, but I can do something.

Tabby 88

Tabby 88

ACCOUNT CLOSED
If you are a big lad, then undertaker is something you can do only when there is a funeral. Maybe a person that can be called upon when they need an extra pair of hands/shoulder.

The problem is not work, but the amount of work you need to do to earn enough money to pay the bills. There are lots of jobs i could do part-time, as in two mornings every week, but i could not earn enough. If i work in any way, i would lose support group, lose pip possibly, and then be found fit for work. I am not fit for work though.

:rolleyes:

I am not ever going to put dolls together with a bunch of mentally ill people and people with learning difficulties, autism, because i don't class myself as part of that group. I find it very bad for my self-esteem, and confusing because i am capable of much more. Extremely more. I hate that when i have been in those groups, i feel like i don't belong and there is only usually one person who you can have a good conversation with. I have no patience for being a support worker unless it is with people with autism for example, but not depression or bipolar.

Last edited:
burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
If you are a big lad, then undertaker is something you can do only when there is a funeral. Maybe a person that can be called upon when they need an extra pair of hands/shoulder.

The problem is not work, but the amount of work you need to do to earn enough money to pay the bills. There are lots of jobs i could do part-time, as in two mornings every week, but i could not earn enough. If i work in any way, i would lose support group, lose pip possibly, and then be found fit for work. I am not fit for work though.

:rolleyes:

I am not ever going to put dolls together with a bunch of mentally ill people and people with learning difficulties, autism, because i don't class myself as part of that group. I find it very bad for my self-esteem, and confusing because i am capable of much more. Extremely more. I hate that when i have been in those groups, i feel like i don't belong and there is only usually one person who you can have a good conversation with. I have no patience for being a support worker unless it is with people with autism for example, but not depression or bipolar.
I live with my dad, and that means I don't have big bills.I know it must be a lot harder if you are supporting the roof over your head. I would need to earn a lot to pay for a flat where I live. It is very expensive. Even in my current job it would be very difficult. sO i have accepted this as my home, even though I do like to live by myself. The other issue is that now my dad is older, he wants me to stay as he needs the company and help. In the old days I would have relocated for a new job, but that is not any option any more.

i chatted with my bro about my job, and he reckons doing support work would be a good idea. I might just stay on ESA for a while and volunteer first tho.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I live with my dad, and that means I don't have big bills.I know it must be a lot harder if you are supporting the roof over your head. I would need to earn a lot to pay for a flat where I live. It is very expensive. Even in my current job it would be very difficult. sO i have accepted this as my home, even though I do like to live by myself. The other issue is that now my dad is older, he wants me to stay as he needs the company and help. In the old days I would have relocated for a new job, but that is not any option any more.

i chatted with my bro about my job, and he reckons doing support work would be a good idea. I might just stay on ESA for a while and volunteer first tho.
your getting on with your bro, you weren't before you got that job

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
IDK, we have been getting on okay, but he probably wants me to do something with my life. I am not an old chronic yet.
according to that last psychiatrist i was approaching the chronic stage of my illness, as friend said only approaching

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
according to that last psychiatrist i was approaching the chronic stage of my illness, as friend said only approaching
I just miss the carefree days of going to the day centre and just sitting there mumbling about something.

I miss that.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I just miss the carefree days of going to the day centre and just sitting there mumbling about something.

I miss that.
maybe when you reach my age and are facing a old age of poverty, maybe then you may regret not trying harder in that job, i don't know what to say, long term full time work is hard on meds, a few weeks you can live on ready meals in the freezer a few months your clothes won't need replacing

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
maybe when you reach my age and are facing a old age of poverty, maybe then you may regret not trying harder in that job, i don't know what to say, long term full time work is hard on meds, a few weeks you can live on ready meals in the freezer a few months your clothes won't need replacing
Maybe. But there will be other opportunities. This job was a just a learning experience. There are other jobs. I don't need to spend my time working with a boorish obnoxious boss.

Maybe I won't get to old age, last I heard was the schizophrenics die 20 years earlier.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Maybe. But there will be other opportunities. This job was a just a learning experience. There are other jobs. I don't need to spend my time working with a boorish obnoxious boss.

Maybe I won't get to old age, last I heard was the schizophrenics die 20 years earlier.
this old schitzoprenic drunk can't really advise you

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
has your gp signed a sick note yet, the social engineering done by pournelle when he was new labour benefit minister and carried on by the torys is so sucessful most mental health workers including gps won't question welfare to work

burt tomato

burt tomato

Forum Guide
has your gp signed a sick note yet, the social engineering done by pournelle when he was new labour benefit minister and carried on by the torys is so sucessful most mental health workers including gps won't question welfare to work
i have no idea what u are talking about buddy

schizolanza

schizolanza

For fuck sake Rambo why don't you just lie and get some benefit. You know your in the shit.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
at the moment i'm getting benefit, i was referring to burts plan to give up his job and go on the sick which i admit i'm in 2 minds about, though i can fully understand the problems of work the welfare state is full of problems in itself