• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Thinking Of My God Mom..

P

paige1995

Hey everyone i need someone to talk to to let my anger and sadness out so ill talk about it on this post....

So 2005 my god mom which was my moms bestfriend since she was little and my god mom was there when i was born im 22 now. My God Mom Terri overdosed in 2005 and that was the hardest day of my life. She would tell me the drug was helping her. but i was confused as a kid i knew it didnt help her i was young so i really didnt know to much about drug use but i wasnt dumb and knew alittle about it. i would watch her nod out while eating and i couldnt watch her do that anymore so i was angry and sad at her so i didnt talk to her for about a week 3 days later was her funeral i got the call she overdosed i didnt get to say goodbye i hated myself. as a kid i already was dealing with childhood schizophrenia now that im older i have disorganized schizophrenia and paranoid schizophrenia. shes my guardian angel. i know shes watching over me and my family but yes feel free to message me or comment. i could use a steady conversation thank you for listening and stay blessed :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not_Crazy_Yet

Not_Crazy_Yet

That's tough. I'm sorry I didn't see your post earlier while you were still online. Its always sad when you don't get to tell someone goodbye, my brother killed himself a few years ago and had been in prison for several years before that. I hadn't seen or talked to him in years, and I missed the chance once he got out because I was always so busy with work. I got to be a pall bearer at his funeral. Don't feel so bad about this. You couldn't have known how severe her drug problem was. It wasn't your fault.