Thinking of calling an ambulance

Ell9199

Ell9199

OMG plz can someone message me back I feel like I can’t breath so many thoughts going through my head. Don’t know if I should phone an ambulance?? It’s anxiety I know it is but my chest feels hot and tight and I’m scared OMG why do I have to suffer this? I’m so fed up. I feel I’m getting better and then this I can’t do it anymore. My children are home
Tomorrow after being at there dads for a week because of the Easter school holidays and I’m scared this is a cruel twist where I die tonight and don’t get to see them again in so scared

Y

Yodagirl

Sorry you’re going through this! Anxiety can be absolutely horrible. I’m here if you need to talk. Most definitely seek medical help if it continues.

G

Girl interupted

Ell, can you run or walk up and down some stairs?

It’s a trick to distract your brain. You have to focus on the steps so you don’t fall, the exercise releases endorphins that will combat the anxiety, and you will work off the pent up energy that is supporting the anxiety.

I would not recommend it if you have an existing heart condition, but if you feel this is indicative of a panic attack, this has worked for me.

mischief

mischief

Admin
OMG plz can someone message me back I feel like I can’t breath so many thoughts going through my head. Don’t know if I should phone an ambulance?? It’s anxiety I know it is but my chest feels hot and tight and I’m scared OMG why do I have to suffer this? I’m so fed up. I feel I’m getting better and then this I can’t do it anymore. My children are home
Tomorrow after being at there dads for a week because of the Easter school holidays and I’m scared this is a cruel twist where I die tonight and don’t get to see them again in so scared
Hi, How are you now? Has it passed or are you still worried?

If you are still worried you could call 111, The NHS Scotland 24 hour helpline. They will have someone you can speak to about your symptoms and advise you what you could do about them. They are there to help in situations like what you are experiencing.

Y

Yodagirl

Thinking about you, give us an update on how you are now Hun. :hug: We’re here for you

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Hope you managed to call 111, hope your feeling much better now.
Take care

Ell9199

Ell9199

Hey I managed to doze off now woke up again feeling hot clammy and sick :( I don’t know if I need to be sick I really hope I’m not as I’m terrified of vomiting. I don’t know if it’s a bug or just my anxiety. I spoke to combat stress on the phone and there going to get me an appointment with a properly qualified nurse who deals with PTSD. Thanks for asking everyone I’m so tired now this has been my worse night on a long time I feel totally deflated :( xx

mischief

mischief

Admin
That’s great to hear. I hope you feel better soon. Thanks for letting us know. I hope you don’t need to wait too long to hear from the nurse.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Glad your getting some help.
Take care

Ell9199

Ell9199

That’s great to hear. I hope you feel better soon. Thanks for letting us know. I hope you don’t need to wait too long to hear from the nurse.
Ell, can you run or walk up and down some stairs?

It’s a trick to distract your brain. You have to focus on the steps so you don’t fall, the exercise releases endorphins that will combat the anxiety, and you will work off the pent up energy that is supporting the anxiety.

I would not recommend it if you have an existing heart condition, but if you feel this is indicative of a panic attack, this has worked for me.
hey I don’t have stairs but I put my foot in the cold bath tub as I was told this also helps distract you’re mind and it did help a little. I also just walk about my house like a demented soul pacing about as I can’t sit still. Thanks for ur advice though last night I really appreciate u taking the time to message me some support xx

G

gam9147

For what its worth I do that too when really anxious, just get up and pace around. It helps some, and even though it seems odd, whatever works right?

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

Have you tried breathing into a paper bag when your anxiety gets the best of you?For a long time I kept one with me at all times,even kept one in my car.It does help.

After awhile,just knowing I had a paper bag with me and could use it if needed really helped ease my anxiety.Now I just always carry a few xanax with me at all times,I never use them but just knowing I could if I had to makes a big difference for me.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Glad to hear your feeling better . Anxiety can give you some frightening symptoms. The cold bathtub is a good one if it’s available. I have another one when I’m shopping and panic sets in. I go to the freezer section and rub my hand on the ice and that calms me. I look like an idiot but it does work to distract you.