• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Thinking about filing bankruptcy

Agatha

Agatha

Well, I took on too many bills and now I can't even afford to eat nutritious food. I am on SSI and get food assistance. If I don't pay several of my bills I will have enough money to eat better every month. A family member may help me pay to file bankruptcy. The only problem is that one of my bills provides for help with my Vet. bills and I'm afraid if I don't have that credit any more I won't have enough should my dog get very sick. For smaller vet bills I would be okay. Not sure what to do. I am really wondering if anyone has gone through bankruptcy and what the process is because it scares me very much at this point.

D

Dottyone

I was going to go Bankrupt due to getting ill in 2007 and unable to work, I was advised at the time to phone a Charity called Consumer Credit Counciling Services which was a charity that helped organise and deal with peoples creditors and set up a minimal payment plan agreement where the the creditors freeze all interest on any outstanding money owed.

I noticed you are in America and I am Uk based, have a google to see if their are any Charitys that help get people debt free in the US, going Bankrupt is always the very last resort but it can be the only option I know sometimes.

I am almost debt free now thanks to CCCS

have look at this link maybe it could help

Credit Counseling Services | USA.gov

Good luck xxx

Last edited:
Agatha

Agatha

I was going to go Bankrupt due to getting ill in 2007 and unable to work, I was advised at the time to phone a Charity called Consumer Credit Counciling Services which was a charity that helped organise and deal with peoples creditors and set up a minimal payment plan agreement where the the creditors freeze all interest on any outstanding money owed.

I noticed you are in America and I am Uk based, have a google to see if their are any Charitys that help get people debt free in the US, going Bankrupt is always the very last resort but it can be the only option I know sometimes.

I am almost debt free now thanks to CCCS

have look at this link maybe it could help

Credit Counseling Services | USA.gov

Good luck xxx
Thank you. I also have been sued and have that outstanding on my credit report. If I were to try and work again they would garnish my wages so I really think I have to go for bankruptcy.