• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Think my 45mg Mirtazapine has stopped working :( help

P

Phezzz

Hi guys,

I've been taking Mirtazapine for about 8 months now for depression & anxiety. I started off at 30mg, and I felt great. I went back about two months ago and the Dr suggested increasing my dose to 45mg just to see if I have completely reached my peak. He was right, I felt even better on the 45mg - like my normal self - something I've never felt like before!

Anyway, last night I experienced my first panic attack type of thing for over a year (I was out having a great time at a club), to the point I was actually sick. I felt awful the whole night but I just viewed it as a minor blip and I'd be fine. But, I've felt really crap all day. Like the same way I used to feel - restless, unsociable, hazy, depressed.

I'm just really worried that my Mirtazapine has stopped working. I've previously tried Citalopram, Fluoxetine, and Sertraline for quite a while, both of which sent me 10x worse. I know 45mg is the max dose (in the UK), and with my previous bad reactions to SSRI's, I really don't know what other option there is.

Obviously I will give it a little more time as it could just be a temporary thing, but I can't imagine why. Anyone have any advice? :/

R

ricko4

Hi guys,

I've been taking Mirtazapine for about 8 months now for depression & anxiety. I started off at 30mg, and I felt great. I went back about two months ago and the Dr suggested increasing my dose to 45mg just to see if I have completely reached my peak. He was right, I felt even better on the 45mg - like my normal self - something I've never felt like before!

Anyway, last night I experienced my first panic attack type of thing for over a year (I was out having a great time at a club), to the point I was actually sick. I felt awful the whole night but I just viewed it as a minor blip and I'd be fine. But, I've felt really crap all day. Like the same way I used to feel - restless, unsociable, hazy, depressed.

I'm just really worried that my Mirtazapine has stopped working. I've previously tried Citalopram, Fluoxetine, and Sertraline for quite a while, both of which sent me 10x worse. I know 45mg is the max dose (in the UK), and with my previous bad reactions to SSRI's, I really don't know what other option there is.

Obviously I will give it a little more time as it could just be a temporary thing, but I can't imagine why. Anyone have any advice? :/
i did the same with mirtazapine 15mg 30mg 45mg when i first started it i was on 15mg for about a month same with the 30mg it stopped working for me and i was getting worse rapid cycling thoughts went to see the pscychiatrist and hes put me on quetiapine 100mg night 50mg morning and i now think its working for me thats just my personal experience

R

ricko4

Hi guys,

i had the same experience with mirtazpine was working well at low dose then stopped working upped to 30 then 45 worked for so long then stopped so i was put on quetiapine 100mg night 50 mg morning and i can say its working well

R

ricko4

Hi guys,

i had the same experience with mirtazpine was working well at low dose then stopped working upped to 30 then 45 worked for so long then stopped so i was put on quetiapine 100mg night 50 mg morning and i can say its working well

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
yes i was thinking alcohol could be causing this i have had drunk any.
i would give in a few days or weeks as i my experience you still have crap days even when your meds are working.

P

Phezzz

yes i was thinking alcohol could be causing this i have had drunk any.
i would give in a few days or weeks as i my experience you still have crap days even when your meds are working.
Did you have alcohol drinks last night? If so, this could be a reaction to that.
Hi. I drink quite regularly and I never seem to have much of a problem (other than having to drink less, which is not a problem at all). I didn't drink any alcohol last night, just on Friday. But yeah I suppose this could be a reason why. I'll give it a week or so with no alcohol and see how I feel.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Depression Forum 25