• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

think ive lost my mind, need advice

D

dj-motion

hey well ive always been a shy person and think i may have suffered social anxiety since i was 10 or 11 and now im 21, i was officially diagnosed with social anxiety and depersonalization when i was 20 and was goin therapy i used to go out quite alot even though i felt like crap when i was out untill i was diagnosed after tryin to commit suicide and then in august 2011 i started losin all my emotions i dont feel remore happiness sadness or anythin and told my therapist and he said its some sort of defense mechanism then soon after he discharged me and said a job is the best thing for me and my loss of emotions would be temporary but i still dont feel anythin i used to care about everyone even though i knew they never cared about me but now i couldnt care less if someone i know dies and i just get vengeful thoughts all the time. everytime someones talkin to me i just feel like hittin them all i do is go work 4 days a week 9-12 and then come home and sit in my room all night. even my taste in music changed when i lost my feelings i used to listen to dance music now i listen to hard rock which isnt like i used to be. has anyone been through anything like this? any advice would be helpful, thanks.

Foxjo

Foxjo

Welcome to the forum! :welcome:
glad you have reached out.
feelings can change. are you on any meds? my mood stabilisers changed how i felt to a numb state. i had loss of emotions and couldnt cry even though i was desperately sad! now ive changed meds my mood has changed again.

do you think you should go back and discuss your feelings with your gp again? see what support they could now give you?

work does help so i can see why your therapist advises it. its worse to be sitting at home all day. working part time will give you some distraction.
please keep talking
Fox

aleshadxcherylc

aleshadxcherylc

Hi dj-motion
Welcome to the foroum well done for posting
I agree with fox i think you should go back to your Gp and tell them what you are feeling and see what support they can offer you.
I can understand im 21 i suffer with social anxiety and depression to name but a few i only work 4 hours every day during the week and as soon as i finish i come home to my bed and just sleep watch tv and listen to music so your are not alone.
I think going back to your GP will be the first step.
Take care keep strong and keep talking
Katie
xx

D

dj-motion

thanks for replies, hey foxjo no ive never been on any meds and thats the thing i never feel sad if someone says something nasty to me it has no effect what so ever infact it kind of makes me laugh lol if i had to guess whats wrong with me id say all the neglect and anger ive felt all my life has taken an impact so i guess ive just snapped and now i dont really want to have feelings so everything that used to hurt now makes me laugh, i used to cut my arms everytime it felt like my emotions were comin back and they would go away agen but that was about 3 months ago theyve not come back recently and ye alesha im exact same come home frm work watch films listen to music work out in garage then bed at like 3 in mornin haha