• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Think i might have a problem

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Im not sure if im starting with a problem again. I feel fine but over the last two week ive started spending again. Ive bought stuff for my grandaughter totalling about £80, 2 cds, 3 dvds, a painting easel, 2 smoke alarms, a mp4 player (that i havnt a clue about) but today i realised that ive gone a bit mad and bought a 3/4 carat diamond ring.

There probably is other stuff but i cant remember. I really dont want any more meds and do feel ok. As yet im im not in financial difficulties but i do know ive spent too much

Its no goodsaying hand your cards over cos theres so many other ways of buying now. Last time i re-mortgaged my house:cry:

D

Dollit

All right Daffy so we have the beginnings of manic spending and you recognize it. I haven't done this for a long time - I refuse all credit cards, loans etc and have my bank notate that so it makes it difficult, if not impossible to get credit. Rent my flat so that's okay. I don't know what to suggest. I don't really know how I stopped spending to be quite honest except that perhaps even though I rapid cycle my bias is towards depression so maybe that makes a difference. i once read a paper that suggested that there's evidence to suggest that irritability and mania makes for irrational spending - do you get irritable before you spend? I don't know how to help sweetie except I'm here for you. :hug:

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I know now how to recognise the symptoms and it has helped a lot, and fortunatly i may have recognised it this time b4 it gets out of control again. I know i should phne my SW but ill see how i go over the next couple of days. Fortunatly i have people round on tuesday and wednesday so i should be ok for those. If i buy anything else ill phne up.

D

Dollit

I'm glad you've got a back up plan - you know where we are. :hug:

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Its not a spending day Dollit. Ive got the surveyor coming on wednesday to measure up for central heating so my daughters coming round to help me shift some furniture, but typical after being awake most of the night im now getting tired

Later on ive to go and have a steroid injection in my shoulder, so that will be sore for the next couple of days:(

D

Dollit

Watch yourself moving furniture about - I know, I'll go and teach my grandmother to suck eggs... Hope the shoulders okay after the injection. Take it steady xx :hug:

midnight

midnight

Founding Member
hi daffy lets do loosing the plot together - this is great I have a buddy in the same boat

I am waiting for my CPN to call time, then the usual process is I do a runner and get chased by the police or I go to work becasue spookily enough I work in an establishment with its own machine gun armed police guard - there'll be no regular bobbies getting near me - oooorrrr sooooo I think. Got to think this one through make sure the thinking is water tight otherwise I'll end up like a lab rat in a cage

ha ha harrrh

fancy going bananas together - only in cyber space of course

my next hurdle is the CPN is phone calling tommorrow - SHAME I LOST MY VOICE THEN !!!!! ha de ha de ha