• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Think i am in a dysphoric/mixed episode right now, but...

AnxiousE

AnxiousE

Hey folks!

Just looking for some support and thoughts. I think this is day 3 of this feeling. I've got a fire burning inside and having sleep struggles, but I'm also feeling bummed and the most noticeable thing is the thoughts of self harm (intrusive thoughts, I guess?). I'm not acting on these thoughts, but they are so strong sometimes, I just curl up in a ball or sometimes I'll cry if I can.
The fear of injuring myself is very strong, so I'm probably not in too much danger, but I still feel sick, ya know? I mean, like ...well, I just need a mental health day type thing.
Other thing though, I'm cycling (you know, lady stuff) and I know this can be a trigger for episodes and I nearly always get moody during these times, but i don't always have the intrusive self harm thoughts. I'm not really sure what I'm asking anymore... I just need to vent and get some love right now, I suppose. <3 :'(

JessisMe

JessisMe

Back when I was still “cycling” I used to become EXTREMELY suicidal about a week before I started my period. I would also become severely, SEVERELY depressed.
I was able to get through it because I knew it was just my cycle and that it would last about a week then I would be over it. This was always the case. Once I started my period a feeling of wellness and near bliss would wash over me and I would feel better. This was a form of PMDD i was experiencing, Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder . What helped to alleviate the symptoms were antidepressants, plenty of access to sunlight, exercise, no caffeine and drinking plenty of MILK. Believe it or not drinking milk helped to regulate my emotions the most during those times. Maybe try drinking some warm milk?