• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

Things were going really well but....

S

spacingspaces

I started taking zoloft about 5 weeks ago for generalized anxiety and social anxiety and after about 2 weeks on it i started to feel amazing. The main problem i have with my anxiety is it causes me alot of physical symptoms that make me feel like im living every day with the worst hangover ever. Zoloft took away all those physical symptoms after only 2 weeks or so and everything was going so well... up until christmas time... when i stupidly decided to go partying and drank quite a bit over the christmas period which has now put me back at square one. All the physical symptoms from anxiety have come back and the medication seems to of stopped working. I don't know what to do now. I know its because of the alcohol that im feeling like i did before i was on the medication again. What should i do? I feel like i'll never beat this. I got a taste for how it felt to be normal and now i'm right back where i started because i didn't have the willpower to not drink alcohol over christmas.

calypso

calypso

Admin
Its awful when a carrot is dangled in front of you and then taken away. I would suggest that the alcohol may have fluched the Zoloft away and it will start working again once you give it more time. I am only guessing. YOu could go back to your doc and explain.

Don't beat yourself up about drinking. After all that time you suddenly felt OK and wanted to celebrate along with everyone else. I would say, don't give up, you know that there are meds that can help with the physical side now. Have you ever had any therapy for the causes of this problem and see if you can overcome it another way?

Ihope you manage to have a happy new year.

S

spacingspaces

Alcohol seems to make my anxiety worse in general yet i still drink it. I guess that's self sabotaging. I've been to therapists throughout my teen years and went to one recently but just two sessions but i never dug deep to try fix the issue. Like i never mentioned much about my childhood which wasn't the easiest at times. I am worried that the medication won't go back to normal now but i will go talk to my doctor tomorrow and see what she says. I'm only on 50mg and that was helping a lot before i went out drinking. So hopefully if i go up to 100mg it will help even more. I definitely need to be on a medication at the moment to keep the physical symptoms at bay because otherwise i'm basically housebound and can't get anything done. Maybe i can start working on therapy for the cause of it once i get the medication working again.

Liza9560

Liza9560

I think, too, that the Zoloft will work again if you are patient and vigilant. I also think that it was so new to you that the drinking really threw it off maybe?

I love my Zoloft, but I must admit, I don’t drink. I’ve given that up and I’m all the better for it. I understand your dilemma though; I used to smoke weed weed weed, on the Zoloft, all the time. But that got old and not beneficial and even anxiety inducing over the last few weeks, so I’ve all but stopped smoking. I miss it tho! But I don’t miss the wonkiness it intensified.

Don’t be *too* hard on yourself. But think about not drinking at all as you get your brain chemistry in check. Maybe forevermore. It’s an onus that feels great to not be burdened with. You’ll lose weight, have money, not be hungover....oh my god I cannot with even a drop of hangover.

You can do it! Do that deep-digging! Feel better!

S

spacingspaces

Even before I was on Zoloft alcohol would always make me much worse. I really need to stop drinking altogether

Liza9560

Liza9560

It’s the best thing I’ve done. Stay positive about it; your pals will support you. Onward and upward!

Liza9560

Liza9560

SpacingSpaces.... how are you doing lately? Are things getting any easier for you?

Jbb79

Jbb79

I started taking zoloft about 5 weeks ago for generalized anxiety and social anxiety and after about 2 weeks on it i started to feel amazing. The main problem i have with my anxiety is it causes me alot of physical symptoms that make me feel like im living every day with the worst hangover ever. Zoloft took away all those physical symptoms after only 2 weeks or so and everything was going so well... up until christmas time... when i stupidly decided to go partying and drank quite a bit over the christmas period which has now put me back at square one. All the physical symptoms from anxiety have come back and the medication seems to of stopped working. I don't know what to do now. I know its because of the alcohol that im feeling like i did before i was on the medication again. What should i do? I feel like i'll never beat this. I got a taste for how it felt to be normal and now i'm right back where i started because i didn't have the willpower to not drink alcohol over christmas.
You can Do it, Stick with Sodas And, juice <3 <3

Liza9560

Liza9560

That’s good to hear. You’ll love it soon. The money you’ll save, the calories you’ll spare... And no more hangovers!