• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Things people have said have left scars inside my head

M

mooncat

Throw away comments on there part
Or even totaly innocent chat just the wrong thing said
And they wouldnt even remember
Buts left scars inside my head
Why is it that now old sad memories and comments have decided to haunt me.
Why has my concience decided to fight me
Instead of support me

Sometimes there isnt anyone that you can talk to about it.
Not because theres no one to listen
Its the thought that then yet another person shakes hands with my skellingtons.
And i dont like that .
Like people have then got something on you
And how you worry after
With a picture in mind of them then sharing it with laughter.
mooncat.xx

Last edited:
M

mooncat

Thanks Nikita
Even drugged up on meds there still there.Like a ball and chain on each of your limbs and one around my neck.
Seriously they would never remember would they.Its like there set in stone.
Anyone got a kango i can borrow.
mooncatxx

U

upagainstit

All of us say things at one time or another (at least) to one another.
We either handle it in our selves or we don't.
Who's to say...

According to our own self we can all live and learn to become whatever we become.
Anyone else (not our self) will have to suit us "already right now" though.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I can really relate to this too.

Deep memories and the pain still feels raw like it was only yesterday.

M

mooncat

No matter what ive tried theres a constant circulation of things people have said.I remember them all.Some over 28 years ago.Dont get me wrong they were allways there.But since i was triggerd after a broken heart relationship they have all become a lot more to the front of my thoughts.And you no what even on here i dont want to even repeat them.
A nice woman who i talk to in the supermarket asks how i am sometimes asked me how i was the other day.I said yer im okish.She then said look its the past and you cant change it.You have to draw a line under it and move on as life is way to short as it is.Kind words but not so easy to put in place and run with it.
If putting horrible past stuff to rest was so easy the forum would loose a 1/3 of its members as we wouldnt need a place like this for that extra bit of support.
Thats part of my illness is not being abble to put things to rest.
And when im more down an increase of unwelcome thoughts constantly going round and round.with in 5 mins of wakeing up i have them until i go to sleep.
Its not something ild choose to have.xx

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

I do dwell on things that have been said and done in the past, and it can play like a tape in my head, and the hurt gets relived again and again. I've been told I'm easily hurt and sensitive, and I know this to be true. But then again, I'm sure that some of my words have hurt others also, and maybe they dwell on things I've done and said too.

I've received help from a psychologist with this, and had Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT). It's okay, but putting into practice isn't always easy :)

B

bonobo

Yeah, my brother's been calling me fat & ugly maybe 15-20 times a day for the past 10 years. It really does leave deep scars.

FuzzyPeach

FuzzyPeach

Is it not depression to have thoughts of past unhappy conversations circulating your mind? When i'm even a little bit depressed i have this happen to me. I always was told it is depression. Do you think that you might be depressed and when the depression goes you will not think on these so much.

There is an aspect also i think of having to work through these past criticisms. I feel as though i have spent years thinking and thinking about them, eventually reaching a place where i see it as their issue, not mine. I have reached a place where i know who i am, know what i've done wrong, and can see what others have done wrong too. I don't blame myself anymore about it all, i like myself and that helps you to view others as having problems. I can forgive these people's errors because i know that i too have done things wrong and hurt others.

We are all here interacting, growing, making mistakes, forgiving thers, others forgiving us. I don't mean you have to forgive them, i don't forgive everyone, but what i mean is that you will eventually see that they were wrong and this will enable you to draw a line under the past and step away from the hurt. The scars will fade.

M

mooncat

Bonobo..Sorry to here that.If it was me i would have as little contact with him as you can.If you have no choice and your living in the same place as him you could try to get under his skin and stop him doing it.
Example..
When i was at school amongst 1200 other boys if someone said something horrible to me i would say well at least i dont look like a toothless simpleton.And again and again and again.Everytime they said something bad i just returned an insult.It worked i got left alone.Many didnt.some had a terrible time there but i was lucky for me throwing shit back stopped it.
My sister even now is abble to push my buttons and i do the same with her i just think of something to get under her skin amd it works there too.
And were both over 40 but still around each other clash big time.
And yet we both have friends so were both likeable and yet together fireworks everytime.Even now.Shes back stabbed me bigtime in the past few years.
And its a shame as we were close.Not anymore.

B

bonobo

Nikita said:
Your brother is a mean prick, and a disgusting and revolting person.I know what affect that has my cousin did the same to me growing up,these people are sick and do not recognize a person's humanity beyond their appearances.Please cut him out of your life if you can and have nothing to do with him.I am Nikita by the way, welcome to the forum and I am pleased to meet you!
I really appreciate it - Thank you, Nikita xx

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Personality Disorders Forum 11