Things others have told me that make Schizophrenia worse.

O

Old Manager

You ever get advice from others that did the study but they don't have the Schizophrenia to test what they learnt.
Two lessons come to mind.
1. The seventh day Adventist church used to get it's best Christians to pray and fast once per week. What my educated Christian friends in other church's studied was if you fast in a on going way it increases Schizophrenia systems in people who do this.
For them that don't know Fasting is stoping all food and drinks accept water for 24 hours or longer. The teaching is it puts you more in touch with God or voices in your head.
Did that increase Schizophrenia?
No but it did give me the will power to ignore my body's feelings.

My Doctor said not getting enough sleep can increase Schizophrenia.
Did not getting enough sleep increase Schizophrenia?
I got to think this one though a bit.
When I used to drink very strong coffee when I was younger it did keep me awake all hours of the night.
Coffee increases Anxiety a hell of a lot and nervousness even gave me some panic attacks.
A lot of years later this year my wife has been extremely ill. I normally go to bed around 11pm I been doing that all my life. My wife with her illness all this year wakes me up because she is dependent on me because I'm her carer wakes up at 3am OMG my wife get medications and toilet and goes back to sleep but here I am wide awake. I get power naps when my body will let me.
Did not getting enough sleep increase Schizophrenia?
Living this way for six months my paranoia was getting worse and worse until my wife went to hospital couple of days ago. I had my first good nights sleep all year.
So yes not getting enough sleep does inflame Schizophrenia.
Speaking of sleep I had better try and take advantage of it she comes home tomorrow and its 1.45am. Lets hope my body will let me sleep as I'm so used to 3 hours sleep per day. wish me luck.

T

Twokiwisandabanana

Yes not getting enough sleep cause psychosis in NORMAL people
My boyfriend says he gets all paranoid when he hasn't has enough sleep.
Alert to loud noises ETC.
That's a double whammy to have schizophrenia and be a carer to someone.
Make sure you care for yourself too.

O

Old Manager

Yes not getting enough sleep cause psychosis in NORMAL people
My boyfriend says he gets all paranoid when he hasn't has enough sleep.
Alert to loud noises ETC.
That's a double whammy to have schizophrenia and be a carer to someone.
Make sure you care for yourself too.
Tonight l got todays memorys of real life repeating on me over and over and over.