• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Things I don't like about having a mental illness

M

Mert

have you tried the chat meetings on skype? i go to chat meetings when i can't do the zoom meetings. They are on a platform called slack and are very helpful too. I hope you are feeling better. Good for you for volunteering for NAMI. I might get that brave when i feel better. Mert :)

H

healthybrain

I can relate to every bullet point you listed. Nami meeting are helpful, have one in 10 minutes here.

R

rawlinsc

I feel like if I didnt have the disability of mental illness along with some other physical health problems I would be in a full time career instead of only working part time in an easier job.

H

healthybrain

Multiple health issues become collateral damage. I wanted to work part time and use ss disability to live. But that wont work ether to live. It does seem for people like us part time work is it. Just having those multiple hits to your health and functioning. It sucks.

S

squizofrenia123

Well, I don't like the stigma of having a mental illness. I, of course, which I was not ill. But, I am so I deal with it. I wish I could work more and be more active. The reality is I just do what I can and accept my limitations. If you think you have it bad, there are others in worse situations. I would not worry about such matters about what you don't like about having a mental illness but worry more about what are your possibilities and capabilities instead. If all you do is focus on the negatives of having a mental illness, you are not going to be happy and not going to achieve what you can with what you have. Best wishes!