• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

They seem to think I'm elated

anouska

anouska

I saw the Psychiatrist this morning, a psychiatrist that i've never seen before. He was nice, but he doesn't know me. My care-co was there too and it's the 3rd time she's wanted to see me in recent weeks. She's never known me to be well. I was unwell for years and it's only been very recently that I feel brighter and content.

Only; They both seem to think i'm elated. I thought I was 'well':scratcheshead: (and have been for 2 months now). The psychiatrist and Care-Co wanted me to increase my meds, but I'm not happy with that.

anouska

anouska

It's started to worry me. I'm sitting here thinking, 'well, what on earth is a 'so called' normal state of mind? Finding it very confusing.

Jonwal

Jonwal

Just try and ignore them. I wouldn't visit them if they don't like it wen ur happy. There is no normal as u no. Maybe they mean wen ur under homeostasis and ur body and mind are balanced. Being elated is good tbh I don't see the problem :( :hug:

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
'well, what on earth is a 'so called' normal state of mind?
There is no normal - it's an arbitrary measure of what is in line with consensus 'reality'/behavior - ironically a lot of which is insane.

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail - the orthodox mental health system is about pathology, labels & drugs - it's just what it is.

anouska

anouska

There is no normal - it's an arbitrary measure of what is in line with consensus 'reality'/behavior - ironically a lot of which is insane.

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail - the orthodox mental health system is about pathology, labels & drugs - it's just what it is.
Thanks CPU x

anouska

anouska

Just try and ignore them.
Yes, it's best to ignore them because I know I'm feeling fine in myself. I'm not feeling high and I'm certainly not manic, I'm just me. I'm feeling fine today also, no problem.

My partner wasn't happy about what they said & suggesting the increase of meds, he knows me inside out. He's seen me when I'm elated or 'high' and he's seen me in manic states. They just don't know me.

Grape

Grape

I saw the Psychiatrist this morning, a psychiatrist that i've never seen before. He was nice, but he doesn't know me. My care-co was there too and it's the 3rd time she's wanted to see me in recent weeks. She's never known me to be well. I was unwell for years and it's only been very recently that I feel brighter and content.

Only; They both seem to think i'm elated. I thought I was 'well':scratcheshead: (and have been for 2 months now). The psychiatrist and Care-Co wanted me to increase my meds, but I'm not happy with that.
I've had the same happen to me. I was just feeling well and in a good mood on that day.I think they expect us to be as glum and serious as they are! x

bluemoon2

bluemoon2

My psychiatrists think I may be schizoaffective. I think you'll know best if you are feeling 'higher' or not. The fact that it's newer psychiatrists to your case as well gives me some concern. Some psychiatrists forget that a mental health disorder or personality disorder doesn't affect your level of intellegencevand common sense. If you know best change your psychiatrists and go back to your old ones, or find new ones who are willing to give you that chance not to have your meds increased. They've tried to increase my quietapine because of my anxiety levels, but respect my choices and have left me to it.

L

lovagemuffin

elated haha theyre just jealous. keep on buzzing.:dance: