• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

They just do not stop

S

sobermitt01

I am at home, I hear family members chatting about me when they are talking to others. When I am at work, the same thing with coworkers. At first I though they were all talking about me and saying really mean things. But i realized this happens every where I go.....and i am so tired..what to do with these voices?

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Do you use medication at all? Anti-psychotics are rarely a magic pill that makes voices go away but they help me cope and make it so I can trust what I hearing from people is actually what is being said.

I used to hear voices in the vibrations around me, in the fan in my bedroom it sounded like someone was stood right behind it talking into it but nobody was there, in the sound of my footsteps on gravel, when I was eating crunchy food like crisps and so forth.

My voice also used to be able to manipulate what I was hearing and reword things, so it appeared like the TV once spoke to me or people around me seemed to be saying things they couldn't possibly be saying which is what I think is happening to you.

T

toto

To stop being interested in the opinion of others. It's easy to say, it's hard to change yourself. Pills, sleep, psychoanalysis / psychotherapy, you try without them after a while.

S

sobermitt01

Do you use medication at all? Anti-psychotics are rarely a magic pill that makes voices go away but they help me cope and make it so I can trust what I hearing from people is actually what is being said.

I used to hear voices in the vibrations around me, in the fan in my bedroom it sounded like someone was stood right behind it talking into it but nobody was there, in the sound of my footsteps on gravel, when I was eating crunchy food like crisps and so forth.

My voice also used to be able to manipulate what I was hearing and reword things, so it appeared like the TV once spoke to me or people around me seemed to be saying things they couldn't possibly be saying which is what I think is happening to you.
No, I dont use medication but I have it. They did help me in the past with the voices only...but they created other issues...i dont hear many voices when i am alone...it is only when i am around other people....i dont think the TV is speaking to me..but i do feel i relate to people on tv very much...i always feel like the way people on tv act or do things, i felt that way in the past....and it creeps me out...i want to watch tv to escape...i am going to change what i watch on tv.

Yes, my ears manipulate the voices outside and make it seem like I am being talked about..

S

sobermitt01

To stop being interested in the opinion of others. It's easy to say, it's hard to change yourself. Pills, sleep, psychoanalysis / psychotherapy, you try without them after a while.
Yes, i agree it is hard to stop caring what others think or say but important. Try without what for a while?

I

itsmeagain

Put headphones on with music. Blot out voices.

T

toto

You avoid bad movies and news. You only choose comedies if you are going to watch something. Or music. But not depressing. The classics are soothing. Metal lifts the spirits. No conspiracy theories. No Jesus. Learn to love and accept yourself. My psychologist has a term for this. Healthy selfishness. Please yourself. Whatever you can think of.

T

toto

Do things to please yourself to you. Something like that. Make yourself comfortable with yourself. I love my company. I'm never bored alone. I draw, I play the guitar, I write poetry. I am surprised that the state perceives me as a disabled person. I can do so many things.

N

natalie

A couple of good replies. i would also suggest that when you arenot act uallys peaking to people, but around them so to speak, I wo uld playmusic really does work wonders toblock off thosevoices.

K

karl7

I am at home, I hear family members chatting about me when they are talking to others. When I am at work, the same thing with coworkers. At first I though they were all talking about me and saying really mean things. But i realized this happens every where I go.....and i am so tired..what to do with these voices?
are you on anti psychotics....those meds will help

N

natalie

I am much much better now from my sinuses, all.

I do really feel, sobermito1, that you do really need to see a phsyhcartrist, quite urgently.

Now you can do this, bys imply contacting a general doctor pr actioner, and he or she can then referral on. We in Britain, have a completely different system, but i feel, you do need to seek urgent mental medical health help.

I wish you eventually well.