• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

They have changed my venlafaxine brand and now getting serious side effects

M

MoorfNZ

Hi all...

I'm in NZ and have been horribly affected by the change from Effexor to Enlafax.

I've seen many, many people concerned about the change in their mental state due to this change.. and while we might be the loud, online ones I also worry about those who aren't making the connection to their worsening mental state and the med change.

I want to get a big publicity campaign going to let MPs and mental health system KNOW what is going on.. who is with me?

Helen in Canterbury, NZ

M

megirl

Indeed as i told my support worker it really does bother me that venlafaxine under the effexor brand may be benefiting many people even possibly saving their life then they change effexor to enlafax and all of a sudden they are unwell again yes it bothers me and i would like to take this matter even further.
I only truly noticed because i suffer from chronic constipation at times and like to take an eye on things. Some people may just not notice at all as most wouldnt. And then others may believe that the medication part somehow gets absorbed through the actual capsule itself, it is a serious concern

M

megirl

Sometimes when talking to the psych doctors dont tell them you have read these issues on line because they can be smart arses and say 'oh you were looking online..' like insuinating that everything you see online is shit.
But yes they have acknowledged what i have told them but dont trust that they will take this matter further.
So i will talk to my gp about this, as he understands me well, and always follows through what i say. I used to be an RN and he also acknowledges that the hospital here can be bloody useless at times

M

MoorfNZ

Sometimes when talking to the psych doctors dont tell them you have read these issues on line because they can be smart arses and say 'oh you were looking online..' like insuinating that everything you see online is shit.
But yes they have acknowledged what i have told them but dont trust that they will take this matter further.
So i will talk to my gp about this, as he understands me well, and always follows through what i say. I used to be an RN and he also acknowledges that the hospital here can be bloody useless at times
Hi megirl...

I've started a petition online to get Effexor reinstated... please sign and share :)

Hope you get it sorted, too.

Petition . David Clark MP (david.clark@parliament.govt.nz) : Bring back Effexor - Enlafax is risking lives and mental health . Change.org

M

megirl

So happy and proud you are doing this yes will share this with anyone i know

M

megirl

I go and pick up my meds tomorrow so will see if the pharmacy have looked into this issue further. will keep on their case. My pharmacy technician friend whom i have spoken too about this i will tell her about your petition if thats ok with you she may well want to sign this and who knows maybe her collegues will also but let me know if this is ok first x

M

megirl

I am so happy that there are those that are doing something about huge issue. Why the heck did they change it. I remember when first trying to swallow down those super sized bloody capsules i every now and again started gagging on them or had to cough them up and attempt to get them down again yuck

M

megirl

Was wondering if there's anyone still having issues with enlafax.
I only have issues if I don't take it out of the capsule. Doesn't sound Luke they will change back to another brand of venlafaxine

I

Iamme

Was wondering if there's anyone still having issues with enlafax.
I only have issues if I don't take it out of the capsule. Doesn't sound Luke they will change back to another brand of venlafaxine
Yes a lot of people, there are around 900 members on the Facebook page about the issue, some are still suffering majorly.