• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

they dont know whats causing the voices

G

Geejay

Hello, I got put on Olanzapine over a year ago, ive come off it three time mainly due to the nasty side effects like waight gain.

I went to have a medication review as the last time I came of the drug I was only hearing 1 voice once a week, rather then 7 voices daily... anyway while at the docs he said my voices where not typical psycosis voices, I guess because the sound hollow and from a distance rather then a voice directly speaking from in the same room, that plus they all seem to have there own personalities(which worries me). Oh that mixed with the fact I was on the highest dosage(20mg) of Olanzapine.

Well ive been put on abilify now which i do thinks going to help, the only side effect is feeling like I'm on a strong stimulant which i dont really mind).
I did take note that its also used with Bipolar II and was just wondering if thats the direction his diagnosis may take... though i hear voices through my ups and downs which ive read a bipolar only hears them during the manic/hypomanic phase... not all the time.

If i look closly at my moods im not allways up or always down, when I'm down its for a max of 8hrs daily or when im slightly up i still get tired quite regually, though it may still count as hypomania i think(4 day min), and my.

when i was first sectioned i didnt have any sleep for 74 hours and not even triazapam knocked me out till i got to the safe harbor of the hospital, I guess from what ive read that this could have been a mixed episode.

I've been told not to ask my doctor whats wrong by my mother... she thinks it will only make me worse for some reason. oh i've also had thourts that it may be schizoafective or borderline personality disorder with psycotic symptoms.

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
nhs rubbish

hi there ive had to wait for 10 years for a diagnosis if you go to depression tribe. (free to sign up) there is a bit about all the mental health problems. the trouble is that because we are all different the symptom of bipolar overlap ith scitzophrenia etc so it takes a while to get a diagnosis dont worry about it for now just know you have mental health problems and you are doing your best.

J

Jolene

Hi Geejay

I was put on olanzapine, I was on it for about 2-3 months cant quite remember, I was putting on weight wasn't hearing voices as much just had a psychotic episode, just been diognosed with psychosis been put on Quetiapine 50 mg's a day. I'm still hearing voices and I'm not getting much sleep, must be about 4 hours sleep by the time I get to sleep I hear banging noises outside my house and a whispearing sound, there's voices of groups of people outside my house.

:)

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hi

hi jolene i am amazed by your last post you symtoms are identicle to mine sleep is so hard i have to take my quitiapine at night to get sleep it makes me muggy the nesxt day or i wouldnt sleep its horrible isnt it i just bought a baseball bat on amazon cause i get so scared. its like i alays think people are around outside my house. i think mine got caused by smoking cannabis how do you think yours happened? diddy:D

J

Jolene

Hi Diddypink

I think my illness could be in the genes, my mum has a mental illness. I was bullied quite alot at school a nurse she's more like a support worker who works with my shrink told my mum it could be bullying.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Hearing Voices Forum 7