• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

They can't do anything.

S

shotme

been on meds for years, they don't do anything for the voices but have helped me with supressed anger.

Gajolene

Gajolene

Even though you can still hear them, do the meds help you cope day to day better? I know how much they help my boys, I live with them and see it, but I'm not sure whether they realize just how much they do help.

D

Deliah

What is your view on your voices?

Have you considered that you may be able to learn to live with them instead of seeking to be without them. They are there, I have found that when I gone into battle with mine that I have felt much worse and they are more difficult for me as a result. By working with them in a view of acceptance because they are just part of the way I function, I can live really well with them. Have you looked into dialoguing as a practice and the methods of Rufus May on his website? If the drugs do nothing and your intention was for the voices to do a disappearing act, then maybe it's possible to change your outlook on the voices? D xxxx

S

shotme

They are there since 3-4 years.

I have have sought my own ways of distraction with moderate outcomes.

They follow me and say things like "he's getting out of bed" "he's writting it down".......

S

shotme

Even though you can still hear them, do the meds help you cope day to day better? I know how much they help my boys, I live with them and see it, but I'm not sure whether they realize just how much they do help.
most of the time no.

D

Deliah

Have you seen Eleanor Longdens speck on TED talks? He voices also behaved in that way, but she was able to make a recovery through them. She now live happy with them. D x

S

shotme

I have not seen that talk but have seen people on here link to it. I may watch it someday.