These forums still active? Here goes........ OCD? General Anxiety or just Messed Up inside? Freaky event!

P

PhoenixTitan

These forums still active? Here goes........ OCD? General Anxiety or just Messed Up inside? Freaky event!

Hi all. I am not really sure what is wrong with me. All I know is that the last two months of my life have been pure pure hell. I keep finding some or other thing to stress about it seems. The latest been stuff that happened five weeks ago. I had blood drawn by a lab. I went on the 28th and the 30th. They did not wash their hands or use any type of alcohol pads on my skin (no gloves either). Now I am convinced they did not use clean needles either. The draw of the 30th the woman could not draw blood from my left arm (she tried twice using the same needle - very unpro and unhygienic as well). Now I am convinced it did not work because the needle was reused and had blood inside it, rendering it incapable or doing another draw due to dried blood in the needle. Since then I am searching for every disease you can get from blood online. I dunno why I never checked their needles or syringes. They still use the old fashioned method of using a syringe and normal hypodermic needle is all I know. They then squirt the blood into cylinders. Was just so out of it as I normally am during blood draws. Land up talking so much nonsense to the people cos I hate it so much. Why didn't I watch them??? So what you think, irrational fears? OCD? Rational fears? Or generalised anxiety disorder? I am South African, from a country where hygiene and protocol is not very big. I am freaking out. Can't sleep. Been put on Prozac generic (Lorien) by my doc but not so sure I am being irrational here.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Welcome to the forum, I don't think your being irrational.
The phlebotomist was unprofessional, i hope it was a clean needle.
You could make an complaint.
Sorry this happened to you.
Take care

P

PhoenixTitan

OMG I hope it was clean as well. I did report it but this is South Africa. Nothing comes from reporting things like this. I am not convinced I have possible been exposed to all sorts of bloodborne illnesses. Going off me head! Prozac is not working at all. Dunno what to do. Cannot possibly be tested for every disease known to man. Was hoping this was anxiety or OCD making me think irrationally. Yet, like I said, this is South Africa, the land were know one follows hygiene rules, not even hospital staff.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I'd imagine the risk is small of contracting any diseases. Hopefully the med will calm your thoughts down.
Take care

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
C Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 7