• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

There's no point in continuing

M

Mexis

My parents explained to me today that healthcare is not gonna correct my physical problems. That was the last straw. They encourage me to talk about my feelings but when I do so they try to explain it away with things like "You're focusing too much on your physical symptoms", "You're not motivated" or "The brain and body is a living organ; you will feel things and that's completely normal." I don't consider it normal to go around with chronic devastating and disabling fatigue, nausea, tension headaches, complete lack of feeling or emotion, other strange physical symptoms, feelings of heaviness, and feelings of being tightly strapped around my face and to my gut. That attitude suggests to me that there would never be any legitimate reason to seek healthcare services for any physical concerns. It also seems that healthcare is just gonna try to "get me right" externally with homecare support, psychological therapy, getting me my own apartment and trying to get me some sort of activity replacement. I don't like how my parents try to tell me it's all up to me what I want to do with my life or how I'll be stuck in the same place 13 years from now.

I'm not needed. The world cannot correct my chronic condition, nobody understands me and some people are not meant to live, and I'm one of those. There's nothing I can do personally to correct my condition. When I contact mental healthcare about my concerns, expressing my frustration of waiting while the symptoms are unbearable, they focus on the actions taken forward and on finding my motivation for living. This existence is not livable and is meaningless. There's no point in continuing. I might as well die.

Ramson mash

Ramson mash

ACCOUNT CLOSED
My parents explained to me today that healthcare is not gonna correct my physical problems. That was the last straw. They encourage me to talk about my feelings but when I do so they try to explain it away with things like "You're focusing too much on your physical symptoms", "You're not motivated" or "The brain and body is a living organ; you will feel things and that's completely normal." I don't consider it normal to go around with chronic devastating and disabling fatigue, nausea, tension headaches, complete lack of feeling or emotion, other strange physical symptoms, feelings of heaviness, and feelings of being tightly strapped around my face and to my gut. That attitude suggests to me that there would never be any legitimate reason to seek healthcare services for any physical concerns. It also seems that healthcare is just gonna try to "get me right" externally with homecare support, psychological therapy, getting me my own apartment and trying to get me some sort of activity replacement. I don't like how my parents try to tell me it's all up to me what I want to do with my life or how I'll be stuck in the same place 13 years from now.

I'm not needed. The world cannot correct my chronic condition, nobody understands me and some people are not meant to live, and I'm one of those. There's nothing I can do personally to correct my condition. When I contact mental healthcare about my concerns, expressing my frustration of waiting while the symptoms are unbearable, they focus on the actions taken forward and on finding my motivation for living. This existence is not livable and is meaningless. There's no point in continuing. I might as well die.
Mexis. I understand your situation with family. I think we chatted about it recently. I have recently told my family to stick thier family therapy up their arse. . Seems like an impossible task doesnt it. Pressure no one asked for. Fact is you have a right not to live like this.
It sounds good that you can get your apartment tho. I am pleased to here this, and i reckon you can hopefully build on this with a positive outlook. Fact is YES family are important, but only in some respects. They can also be a burden. They also have a habit of ignoring their sons/daughters illness because they cannot accept it for themselves. This is a huge detriment and it feels like shit for you. Dont do anything to hurt yourself though, life is worth living, i cant convince you why. But i can promise you that your not alone ane dont have to struggle alone.

M

Mexis

The situation is also giving me anxiety about the whole situation and the future, because it seems as though I should just 'wake up and face reality'. Do you think people can hold radical views just to strengthen their view of my whole situation, while not necessarily completely rational to reality? Maybe because denying it and believing I should just get over it is much more convenient?

Ramson mash

Ramson mash

ACCOUNT CLOSED
The situation is also giving me anxiety about the whole situation and the future, because it seems as though I should just 'wake up and face reality'. Do you think people can hold radical views just to strengthen their view of my whole situation, while not necessarily completely rational to reality? Maybe because denying it and believing I should just get over it is much more convenient?
Its much more convenient but more importantly they feel like they have failed as parents. And the only way to rectify that is YOU, what a shit situation to find ourselves in. If we arent talking about family then we are talking about people who dont matter, they have their own stigmas and prejudice, not to mention blatant ignorance, forget them.

J

Jules5

I am certainly a blind parent. I have no idea what my son is thinking. I know he does not like his new school and the homework. I know he tried to jump off his school bus a couple days ago. That is all I know about him. He is in computer games with his friends and on social media. He will not let me in his world. So I know as a parent we try to wash things over and make it okay but now I am not able to do that for my son. Right now he is out golfing with his former principal and I hope they have good conversations. I am too distraught to take him so my roommate did. So if my son has problems I am the source of them. Not just normal growing up and going through life. He has his mom to worry about. I have been suicidal in the past what does he think when this happens. I could go on and on. How can you want the best for your son when your own life is awful. I feel for the teenagers going through this part of life without a stable environment. My son out grew me physically so now I just chase him around with pots and pans throw them at him. I know this may be bad but what can I do to control the situation.