• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

There is hope guys xx

S

stuartiee

Just thought I would give you a update on where I have been over the past 10 weeks to be honest I have been to the gates of hell and back more than once... I was almost at my wits end with the most severe period of depression in my life think I almost killed myself at least ten times won't go into details but let's say i Am here only because my instinct to live was so strong at the point of no return ... the hospital doctor put me on amitriptyline because every other type of medication just stopped working for me .. Started me on 75mg at first but felt it was far to strong and was knocking me sideways cut it back to 50mg this drug almost pushed me over the edge major suicidal episodes that lasted for the 10 weeks it got that bad I committed myself to the psych ward for my own safety and my wifes sanity put that poor women through hell with worry .. The head doctor suggested that I should up the dose to 100mg with a view to take it up to the full dose of 150mg I was like really what the hell this stuff had almost push me over the edge .. but said to myself what so l have to lose ... But you know he was right with the higher dose it really started to work I started to feel joy for the first time in years and have increased the dose up to 125 mg prob been a week on this higher amount and can honestly say feel so so much better .. I guess what I am saying is please give this drug a chance even like me at first thought this Stuff is killing me fight it out and there is light at the end of what has been a very long tunnel xxx

Gajolene

Gajolene

Glad things are turning around for you, and thanks for updating us on your situation. Keep posting on how things go.

C

Christobel

It's lovely to hear some good news on the medication front. I had much the same story as yours, but in my case it was lithium that saved the day. X

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'm happy things are getting better for you, stuartee.

S

stuartiee

Would just like to say a massive thank you for all your help and advice... this site helped me so much when I was at my lowest and I promise you I really thought I was not coming out of this alive and now that I am feeling so much better am like s**t almost took my own life sends a Shiver down my spine because there is hope and I am LIVING proof of this so please please give your meds time to do there job and get the help you deserve Yeh xxxxx

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
slowturtle Hope Depression Forum 15
Nirvana2991 Loosing hope Depression Forum 15
U My night: mom, call me at 10...sleep..i will hear your voice..lay...hope..lost Depression Forum 5
midnightphoenix False hope Depression Forum 3
H I hope this cheers you up Depression Forum 7
S Depressed no confidence or hope in life. Depression Forum 6
Wheelie Bin Barry my hope died for a moment Depression Forum 5
HappiestSeason Light at end of the tunnel- a sign of hope or a sign of delusion? Depression Forum 4
N Hope this helps someone Depression Forum 6
L No Hope for Change Now Depression Forum 12
M Its hard when you hope for the best that doesn't come Depression Forum 6
7 Unmotivated, stuck, and no hope about my future... Depression Forum 5
S I Hope I Get Terminal Cancer Depression Forum 7
R Why have I been treatment resistant so far? Is there any hope for me overcoming depression? Depression Forum 2
D Is there any hope? Depression Forum 5
M No hope Depression Forum 6
D Don't see any hope anymore Depression Forum 4
M ideas to have more hope? Depression Forum 21
DistantOcean How to keep hope alive? Depression Forum 11
S No hobbies or interest or hope. Depression Forum 3
O Hope Lost Depression Forum 7
L Starting to lose hope with my depression and anxiety Depression Forum 2
C How to live with mayor/severe/clinical depression without losing hope :( Depression Forum 29
M Feeling out of hope Depression Forum 4
TulipIceCream Modest Mouse - "Float On" - Hope in bad situations, happy song :) Depression Forum 0
G Starting Zoloft - Give me hope Depression Forum 2
P Hello Forum, from the UK and new. Hope to offer advice and more than willing to accept advice with my current state of mind. Depression Forum 20
M No hope Depression Forum 11
V I'm Losing hope in everything Depression Forum 3
W Need to explain why i have no hope Depression Forum 16
H I AM HOPE - Comedian Brings Hope to Many Depression Forum 3
Z No friends, no love, no hope Depression Forum 4
S Cloudy with little chance of hope... Depression Forum 2
L Nearly out of hope ... Depression Forum 23
S Immersed IN Depression.. No More Hope Depression Forum 6
R Losing Hope Depression Forum 5
Fairy Lucretia i hope you don't hate me xx Depression Forum 6
T Carrying Hope every day Depression Forum 1
M I hope you read this - I hope you share this Depression Forum 51
S Depression and ED for 40yrs losing hope Depression Forum 4
M I hope God would give me the strength to get up tomorrow Depression Forum 2
S feel like there is no hope Depression Forum 4
O Losing hope and feeling like i won't be here so long.. Depression Forum 1
Sweet angel I really wish i die tonight when im sleeping.. I really lost hope in anything.. Depression Forum 9
blurrypeach Is there really no hope? Depression Forum 2
A Long read but I hope it can help someone out there Depression Forum 2
N There is Hope Depression Forum 4
Fairy Lucretia there is no hope for me Depression Forum 13
virtual baby angel <3 I have lost hope for my future Depression Forum 2
S Losing all hope Depression Forum 3