• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

There is a good way living with it!

Mactub

Mactub

Hello everyone.
I am suffering from bipolair disorder and I am here to share my experience in hope I can help someone by reading my story. I will keep it short. So let's begin ...
First I want to mention that this disorder runs in my family.
I have been true the most difficult times in my life, but in the end there is hope.
Have been tried a lots of medication :
Ecsitalopram, mirtazipine ,abilify, Depakote... some of them worked , some of them made things worst ...
After 15 years of experience I can say only one thing - the correct medications works!
So if you don't feel wel it's probably you are not with the right medication or the right dose...
Currently I am on Olanco ( Olanzapine 6mg + Fluoxetine 25 mg) + Lamictal 25mg. As you can see this are the lowest doses ,but it's working just fine so I can go normally with my life . I can plan , I can work and I can enjoy.
My advice is by starting a new medication try it on a normal dose and give it a time to work (1-2 months before you notice difference) after that you will know for sure, yes this medication is working .
For all of you whom are suffering , do not stop looking for solution. There is, just try and try till that something will work for you. Life can be beautiful on the other side :rolleyes:
Happy new year to all!

O

Orangeade

Thank you for sharing! Thats some beautiful advice. Sending you love x

S

SFGuy

Well said. It took quite a few misses before my drug cocktail got worked out, but the effort has been worth it. I'm under a ton of stress right now, but no episodes thanks to the meds.

I

Inie

Hello everyone.
I am suffering from bipolair disorder and I am here to share my experience in hope I can help someone by reading my story. I will keep it short. So let's begin ...
I have been true the most difficult times in my life, but in the end there is hope.
Ecsitalopram, mirtazipine ,abilify, Depakote... some of them worked , some of them made things worst ...
After 15 years of experience I can say only one thing - the correct medications works!
So if you don't feel wel it's probably you are not with the right medication or the right dose...
Currently I am on Olanco ( Olanzapine 6mg + Fluoxetine 25 mg) + Lamictal 25mg. As you can see this are the lowest doses ,but it's working just fine so I can go normally with my life . I can plan , I can work and I can enjoy.
My advice is by starting a new medication try it on a normal dose and give it a time to work (1-2 months before you notice difference) after that you will know for sure, yes this medication is working .
For all of you whom are suffering , do not stop looking for solution. There is, just try and try till that something will work for you. Life can be beautiful on the other side :rolleyes:
Happy new year to all!
Olanzapine is a good med. I’m on it too (5 mg). Hope your meds continue to work for you.

G

Ginger Kitten

Olanzapine is a good med. I’m on it too (5 mg). Hope your meds continue to work for you.
Any weight gain with it? It's fairly common, but I guess not everyone suffers from that side effect.

I

Inie

Any weight gain with it? It's fairly common, but I guess not everyone suffers from that side effect.
Yes l gain about 25 pounds. I was thin to begin with so it didn’t bother me. Other than that it is well tolerated.

M

MweziAnn

Hello everyone.
Happy new year to all!
Thank you so much for sharing, this is very encouraging as someone who hasn’t found the right meds and or doses yet 💜