Therapy - Session 2

Lunus

Lunus

Wow! We went straight into my Emotional Reasoning today and already I am beginning to understand so much about myself, my thoughts, feelings and behaviours. Some of the things I learnt were quite profound and I would like to share them in case they resonate with you.
First, on the hate and dislike I have for myself she stated I don’t hate myself, I hate my BEHAVIOURS.
Secondly I have been taking responsibility for other people’s feelings and emotions. I must be mindful to realise that everyone is responsible for their own thoughts, feelings and behaviour, not me.
Thirdly, and this really struck a cord with me, I have lived my life ‘expecting’ rather than ‘hoping’. This approach obviously sets you up for major disappointment and after she said it I realised I do it for every facet of my life. She gave an example of her treating me. She stated she doesn’t ‘expect’ me to get better, she ‘hopes’ I do. She went on to explain that if she ‘expected’ all of her clients to get better it could cause her emotional distress if they didn’t. I fully understand what she is saying. Hoping is less black and white and would cause you far less pain.
Can’t wait to see her next week!

G

Girl interupted

Thrilled for you. What a great start!

Lunus

Lunus

Thrilled for you. What a great start!
Thank you so much. From hearing how long Therapy takes I am simply amazed at the progress I am making. Considering I’ve never been ‘straight’ in my life as I’ve been too fearful (I’ve either been drunk and chain smoking or stoned), I find I no longer have the urge to drink. I have also given up smoking cigarettes completely and I’m having no more than seven joints. I’m only having them because she advised it would be too dangerous to stop completely. I could have just had two and I would have been happy. For the first time ever I have no fear of giving it up, and I will by mid September, maybe sooner. 😁

G

Girl interupted

You should see the smile on my face. :)

I’ve got my Pom poms out and rooting for you.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I’m so pleased it’s going well for you lunas . Sometimes you can get a good therapist that understands you. And congrats on the drink and smoking that’s one,( well two ) heavy things to conquer.

Lunus

Lunus

I’m so pleased it’s going well for you lunas . Sometimes you can get a good therapist that understands you. And congrats on the drink and smoking that’s one,( well two ) heavy things to conquer.
I’ve stopped Social Media and Gambling as well, so only cannabis left from all my coping mechanisms. As you say, a good therapist who understands you, is non judgemental and is heavily into the interconnection between mind and body is priceless.