Therapy - Session 10

Lunus

Lunus

We strayed from BPD and tackled my addictions today. I was praised for recognising my limitations in being able to stop, and for the intention to do so when I’m in a more relaxed frame of mind.
I will say that the more mindful I have become, the more I have realised two important things. One is just how important it is to accept your limitations. To do so eases your suffering by reducing your tendency to ruminate. The second thing is there is another layer to Mindfulness, and that’s Awareness. To me, when you are truly aware, it is impossible to ruminate. When you stop ruminating your suffering reduces and enables you to be mindful.
Onwards 😊

Lunus

Lunus

We strayed from BPD and tackled my addictions today. I was praised for recognising my limitations in being able to stop, and for the intention to do so when I’m in a more relaxed frame of mind.
I will say that the more mindful I have become, the more I have realised two important things. One is just how important it is to accept your limitations. To do so eases your suffering by reducing your tendency to ruminate. The second thing is there is another layer to Mindfulness, and that’s Awareness. To me, when you are truly aware, it is impossible to ruminate. When you stop ruminating your suffering reduces and enables you to be mindful.
Onwards 😊
Forgot to say, the best thing for Awareness imo is Yoga 🧘‍♀️ 😁

Z

Zoe1

yes I remember how helpful was the relaxation group
in the hospital
lying on the floor on carpets listening to a recording
or someone reading out a meditation
you know the sort of thing where you focus on your toes and stuff

alot of people would fall asleep !

it was my first experience of relaxation really ,
then when I came out I went to mindfulness for a while
I dont seem to need to do that any more

:grouphug:

Lunus

Lunus

yes I remember how helpful was the relaxation group
in the hospital
lying on the floor on carpets listening to a recording
or someone reading out a meditation
you know the sort of thing where you focus on your toes and stuff

alot of people would fall asleep !

it was my first experience of relaxation really ,
then when I came out I went to mindfulness for a while
I dont seem to need to do that any more

:grouphug:
I was fortunate in that I bought a book by Kabat Zinn called The Mindful way out of depression and it came with a free CD with exercises on Meditation and Mindful Yoga. I love it. 😁

Z

Zoe1

oh yes he was one of the CDs we listened to at the wellbeing hub

there was also his friend John something I cant remember
I recommend those ones as being really good ones

:)

Lunus

Lunus

just dropping by with good thoughts wishes and love xxxx
Thank you 😊 I’m pleased your evening went well with H. Always remember, sex is like the mind, it can’t be forced. Be patient and kind to yourself. 🤗

E

EstherRose94

Forgot to say, the best thing for Awareness imo is Yoga 🧘‍♀️ 😁
Do you go to classes or use videos? I like using YouTube yoga lol. If so any good suggestions for a former cheerleader who can currently not touch her toes? Lol

Lunus

Lunus

Do you go to classes or use videos? I like using YouTube yoga lol. If so any good suggestions for a former cheerleader who can currently not touch her toes? Lol
At present I’m just doing Mindful Yoga (so basic stuff) using the free CD from the book The Mindful way out of depression by Kabat Zinn, but when I return from holiday I’m going to look for some classes I can attend. 😁