• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Therapy question

C

Cindyp2012

Hello everyone, I self harm and my therapist told him everytime i feel like I want to do it to text him and tell him, no matter what time of day it is and he may not text back right away or text back at all but to just text him. I'm confused about why or if this is ok too do? What you you guys think about this?

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

Distracts you.

Most professionals frown upon texting BUT my therapist and I text back and forth. I appreciate having that. I don't self harm (anymore) but I have other issues.

I would say if you aren't comfortable tell him you don't want to. But he is comfortable with that so if I were you I would do it.

C

Cindyp2012

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I wasn't for sure wether to put it here or somewhere else.

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
i think it is fine long as you are comfortable doing it. my worry if it were me texting my therapist is that i would feel rejected if they did not reply, maybe that would not happen to you though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 2