• Welcome! Itโ€™s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Therapy approach?

S

SugarMountain

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hello to everyone ๐Ÿ˜Š hope you are doing well.
Battle with voices started some years ago (along with other stuff).
When I hear music doesnt bother me much, or other 'non human voice' hallucinations. I can do well most of the time with other hallucinations.
But voices... Those are Kind of tricky.
Tried believeing all sorts of things to feel better it did not work. Basically it is a horror story which a want to make sense of.
My questions is, when going to therapy is it Best to deal with the content of the voices with the therapist? Or just meds and talk with out going deep into what they (the voices) say? I suppose some therapist would not be interested to go deep, right?
Thanks!
Lots of love ๐Ÿ˜Š

Passionflower

Passionflower

When I saw a therapist they did not go into what the voices were saying but concentrated on the anxiety that they were causing. This was not right for me as I didn't make much progress and found that meds were the only thing that helped.

S

SugarMountain

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thanks for the relpy! I will ask the therapist I guess and see how it goes ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š it Could Be good for someone to ignore it but someone else completely different. Baby steps then.
Take care ๐Ÿค—

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
blog15 Hearing Voices Forum 0