• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Therapy Appointment Question

S

Signofthetimes

Hello,
Tomorrow I have an appointment with a therapist. It will be my first in years, mostly because my appointments did not go well back then. I know what changes I want and why I want them. If there are any suggestions to helping make this work that would be great. I don't want to go numb or feel distant at my appointment, which happened automatically before. Getting angry happened as well and that didn't help, but left future appointments with me feeling not present like I couldn't connect not just with the therapists but with me (shell feeling). However, when I left every reason that I was there was back with me. Thank you

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hello,
Tomorrow I have an appointment with a therapist. It will be my first in years, mostly because my appointments did not go well back then. I know what changes I want and why I want them. If there are any suggestions to helping make this work that would be great. I don't want to go numb or feel distant at my appointment, which happened automatically before. Getting angry happened as well and that didn't help, but left future appointments with me feeling not present like I couldn't connect not just with the therapists but with me (shell feeling). However, when I left every reason that I was there was back with me. Thank you
tell the truth, and tell all the things you cant tell to normies

expose yourself. put the inside on the outside and the outside on the inside

J

JeanPierre

I wanted to say best luck.
Let us know how it goes.
Yeah, you are going to have to be yourself
and state why you are there. You want to heal.
Don't self sabatoge. You got this.

S

Signofthetimes

Thank you. it went well. It was mostly evaluation. I was really nervous and relieved that I didn't have to share much yet. I wasn't completely honest with every question, but I was with most and will do better to be as honest as possible at the next appointment. I was mostly honest except for a few things. Overall, good. Thank you. Have a good weekend.

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thank you
personally ive always liked therapy, but ive never had a good theraplst. they were all morons lol. my most recent was my psychiatrist, who was an ISTP and they really suck at psychology.

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thank you. it went well. It was mostly evaluation. I was really nervous and relieved that I didn't have to share much yet. I wasn't completely honest with every question, but I was with most and will do better to be as honest as possible at the next appointment. I was mostly honest except for a few things.
a therapist is different, you can tell them anything. just drop all your worst stuff right on his head. tell him all your darkest secrets, your biggest insecurities, your most evil thoughts, your worst behaviors, etc... thats the good thing about therapy, its the modern day confession.

S

Signofthetimes

My next appointment is on Thursday. She is okay with me sharing somethings in writing which is good because I share more honestly that way. If things are already out there in writing, I will be better able to talk about them. Thank you

S

Signofthetimes

personally ive always liked therapy, but ive never had a good theraplst. they were all morons lol. my most recent was my psychiatrist, who was an ISTP and they really suck at psychology.
Thank you. I've had this experience. One of my therapist was good, but I was deep into my problems. The other therapist was a bad match and my psychiatrist was the worse match. I should have asked for someone else. I feel good about the therapist that I met yesterday.

S

Signofthetimes

a therapist is different, you can tell them anything. just drop all your worst stuff right on his head. tell him all your darkest secrets, your biggest insecurities, your most evil thoughts, your worst behaviors, etc... thats the good thing about therapy, its the modern day confession.
Thank you

S

Signofthetimes

I have an appointment in less than 30 minutes. I feel blank, nothing, numb.
That 's probably not good. 0 emotion like I am a stranger to me. This made therapy unsuccessful before. it's like I am removed from myself automatically and I care about nothing