• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Theraputic woodwork

R

Restored

Hi,
My name is Andi Smith and I chair a small organisation called Restore.
Restore use the theraputic practice of woodwork to aid mental health recovery. In the past our work was funded though Rethink which meant that most of our participnats were suffering with either bipolar or Schizophrenia, we now work with a much wider group. We have a small, friendly workshop on the Alum Rock Rd, B8 and offer four sessions a week. No session ever has more than six people co s we like to keep it small, supportive and meaningful.

Our session times are:
Monday 9:30am - 12:30pm
Monday 1pm - 4:30pm

Wednesday 9:30am - 12:30pm
Wednesday 1pm - 4:30pm

You could get a referral through your CPN or much more simply just self refer.
If you'd like any more details feel free to email: [email protected]

Finally I hope it's ok to post tis notice here, if not apologies!!:rolleyes:

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Looks like good work you do..

C

coraline1664

sounds interesting, I've been planning a small chest of drawers for when i gain access to the right tools. I enjoy crafts when I am in a fairly 'neutral' to good mood. I live nowhere near birmingham but I agree with intelgal, it sounds good.

E

R

Restored

Thanks for the encouragement. We're only a small project but we do our best. Sadly we're struggling to make contact with those people I am sure would benefit from what we have to offer. Thanks again.

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Hmm ... I work in that area and can understand where you coming from. it difficult getting poeple to engage