Therapist with nhs in highlands scotland or other nhs services

F

freeflow

Hi
I am my wife's carer and she used to get systemic psychotherapy in Wales, before we moved to scotland and her therapist quit his job and now has been not getting any therapy for 2 years, she is on the Scottish highlands waiting list now for 18 months, but there are no therapists available on the NHS highlands apparently, she just has seen a CBT psychologist, but the CBT psychologist refused to see my wife with me present, which is one of my wife's overriding needs, as she does not trust people, this has caused big problems at that moment and made her quite ill. She is getting worse again, big pendulum and mood swings, her problems are anthropophobia anxiety panic attacks depression and borderline personality disorder, has anybody got any tips or knowledge about how I can get my wife an NHS therapist even if we got to travel to a different NHS district?

J

Jules5

Sorry about your dilemna. I am from the USA. Our system here is not great too and I also know a therapist should have seen her with you present as it is all about building up a trusting relationship so maybe it is better you did not get that one to treat your wife hang in there and keep asking and looking and you shall find someone. I wish your wife the best. and you too