• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Therapist phobia ?

Ace_Hart

Ace_Hart

So I know I need help. But I don’t even help myself. I know there are places that will help people that make little money. But I don’t want to go through the processes of everything ,
that’s when I’d have to go see someone.

• I don’t want to go through the process of having to talk to people in order to get help so I CAN get help.

• I don’t want to talk to a therapist. Last two I had were nightmares.

• I have gone through our state system to get diagnosed. Well I was ... but they couldn’t help me because , for reasons it was my fault. I was to honest. (I told them I smoked marijuana for my anxiety). That was 5 years ago.

• I don’t want to be medicated.

I don’t want to find the wrong therapist and feel like they want nothing by my money.

idk what’s stopping me from helping myself. I have someone who would go with me to all the appointments needed to get myself into see someone. But I can’t take that first step... I don’t want to live with my head anymore.

I don’t want to talk to anyone. I don’t want to hear my thought out loud.

J

Jolly

I wrote everything down in a timeline when I went for my first appointment with a therapist. The main thing is you have to click with them and trust them. I would try again to see if a therapist can help. Sorry I was not much help

October Rust

October Rust

i have a lot of these same feelings. the first and only therapist i've seen did not know how to treat me properly which overall left me with a negative outlook on therapy. that, and the fact that it is very hard to open up to a stranger, even when it is their job to help you. what you need to do is find the right therapist that works for you, which may involve going through awkward and uncomfortable experiences with therapists that DON'T work, multiple times. you got this :)

H

Helen1960

I know you don't want to be medicated but it might transform your life.

Could you get over your fear of meds? I really don't mean to be cheeky on that.

I think three things matter with therapy
Getting the right sort.
Getting the right therapist.
Being in the right place to handle it.