• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

therapist is good but I can’t stop crying after session

bpdgirl

bpdgirl

last week my therapist said we would do 2 appointments per week because I need extra help and for someone to be there for me. this session, I was expecting her to schedule another appointment for this week. but no, she said the next one will be Wednesday. I’m so beyond hurt by this. I can’t stop crying. Does she think I’m dramatic and not worth her time? I’m obviously not better and I started crying at the end of the session. She is very caring and helpful normally. I just feel so stupid and insignificant. I was looking forward to 2 appointments a week because I genuinely have no one else; I do not have a support system.

Please help me someone. I’m so lost and alone and afraid. I’m hurting so bad.

I

indigo6

Hi bpd girl, were all here for you.
Its a real blow when the contact alters. Its very hard to lose the deep support, they are people we tell things to we cant to others, we trust them completely and then things change and Idk perhaps to you it feels like a professional doesnt want to listen but its probably to do with workload, it may even be she senses the contact is too much and you will become reliant or its too much to handle in a week. They can read us when theyre good
Keep talking on here.

P

Purpleplum

The therapist probably doesn't want you to become that dependent upon her because she knows that at some point the goal is for you to fly on your own and to not need her.
Plus she could have a lot of clients so needs to fit them in too.