• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

Therapeutic Communities Research - Need for Participants

K

kstefanicka

I am a doctoral student at the City University and I am looking for people who would be willing to take part in a study about therapeutic communities. The work of therapeutic communities is relatively unknown to the psychological community or to the wider public and the views from the ‘inside’ could contribute to the growth of knowledge about therapeutic communities. If you are involved in a therapeutic community (or you were in a recent past) as either a resident or as a therapeutic worker and you would like to talk about your experience and your views in an interview, you can contact me on [email protected] and I will be happy to provide you with more information. The interview will last up to 1.5 hrs and will be confidential and anonymous.

Q

quality factor

er??

I don't wish to appear ignorant but what is a "Therapeutic Community"??:oops:

K

kstefanicka

It is a form of treatment based on the idea of community. People come together participate in groups, activities and similar.

Q

quality factor

Oh!

I might have a few comments to make about that! But at the moment I am in the midst of a house move so i don't know if I could commit to over an hour.
I have made comments on this subject on the site over the weekend, but have not expanded on them.:)

Z

zamanmsnuk

Founding Member
yes
:grouphug::im interested have been to quite a few in my time and were very good

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Can I just inject a moderatorial note here. Forum members should be careful about agreeing to participate in any research requests which involve personal information of any kind which might identify them.

We are working on trying to issue more clarification in this area but in this particular case I have to point out the originator is not even a Forum Member and I would therefore have to advise people to stay away at least temporarily.

Nick.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Glad you said that, i've been exploited in the past

Was on a mind press thing even then mind didn't protect me properly and minds supposedly reputable