• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Theodore Roszak : Towards an Eco-Psychology (excerpt)

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83VHiA2HhkM

Theodore Roszak obituary | Books | The Guardian

Modern psychoanalysis and existential therapy view human beings as essentially creatures of alienation in a hostile universe. Roszak suggests that a psychology that fails to examine ecological relationships is incomplete. He points to the anthropic principle in cosmology as providing a central place for human beings in the universe. The Gaia hypothesis in systems theory evokes lyrical poetry in suggesting that the planet itself may be viewed as a conscious, self-regulating being.

Roszak proposes that in our psychological depths we are deeply connected with nature. He suggests that a greater balance in our relationship with nature will naturally accompany healthier relationships between the genders and greater individual psychological health.

The lateTheodore Roszak, Ph.D., was professor of history at California State University, Hayward. He was author of numerous books including Where The Wasteland Ends, The Making of A Counterculture, Person Planet, The Cult of Information and The Voice of The Earth.

Theodore Roszak passed away on July 5, 2011.

Last edited:

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Natural Psychology

Natural Psychology is a parsimonious, comprehensive new paradigm of biological and physiological psychology; it explains "mental disorders" with a new perspective of accepted elementary neuroscience. In contrast to the widely accepted medical model, emotional distress is a social problem; it is the natural, normal neurobiology of distressful experiences.

I am an independent natural scientist and philosopher of human psychology. My background in natural science was motivated by an early affinity for nature and my father's advocacy. My interest in psychology theory was motivated by a reversal of fortune from extreme emotional well-being during my youth to extreme emotional distress following war trauma in early adulthood. My natural science perspective of my emotional distress initiated a long investigation of the scientific foundation of psychology theory undistracted by scientific failings of the popular paradigm. Your questions and comments are appreciated.