• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

The zest of a lemon

Banjo Luke

Banjo Luke

Hi everyone

Just wanted to say Hi to y'all and to say how good it is to have found this forum. I have had OCD for about 20 years. I was severely disabled by it in the early years but I am now able to cope better and sometimes I even find life satisfying. My main phobia is dirt - I'm not phobic about germs but simply the yuckiness of dirt. The best thing in my life is having a relationship with Jesus Christ. I am in my 40's and live just outside London. I walk 4 miles every day which helps keep my mood from sagging. I enjoy listening to baroque music, Italian opera, folk and some jazz. I have a dry sense of humour. I'm not good at quickfire wit & repartie but I collect corny jokes.

Many thanks to those of you who have already greeted me warmly, and I look forward to getting to know more of you.

Luke :)

(And I have never played a banjo.)

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Hello and :welcome: to the forum

bluenomore

bluenomore

Hi Luke :welcome:

I just hope your jokes improve :D

Banjo Luke

Banjo Luke

Thanks everyone for your welcome. :)

blue said:
I just hope your jokes improve :D
Don't worry, blue. My jokes will grow on you (.... like a veruca!)
Try this one: I'm so ugly that if I had a dog that looked like me, out of pity I would shave its butt and teach it to walk backwards. :p

bluenomore

bluenomore

Thanks everyone for your welcome. :)

blue said:

Don't worry, blue. My jokes will grow on you (.... like a veruca!)
Try this one: I'm so ugly that if I had a dog that looked like me, out of pity I would shave its butt and teach it to walk backwards. :p
Yeah, they're getting better already :D