• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

The World of Exorcism & Mental illness

R

rabina

Paul,
Interesting link; I haven't read it all yet.
The word Exorcism tends to scare many and it should not.
I myself have had Exorcism Blessings and Prayers done in my home; they are purely words spoken to God and very Holy Words asking for God's Blessings which can do no harm.
I also believe they helped considerably.
Deliverances is another word used by many also instead of Exorcisms....
God can do no harm; he can only help in my opinion as in general prayer.
It's all related to one's religion/upbringing and their belief as to the source of the voice(s) and how it can play a role.
Ofcourse one must use discretion when calling upon someone to say these blessings; the person performing the blessings should be a person committed to God only and not instill fear in the person asking for assistance.
Our religion does play a role in how we deal with all I believe.
Interesting Paul.

v01ce5

v01ce5

Thanks for your feedback Rabina, I will be interested to hear your thoughts when you've had chance to read it through. Odette will be speaking at the World Hearing Voices Congress in November, she describes herself as a shaman.

R

rabina

Not Mental Illness, but....

Paul,
I found the article very interesting and I'm glad to see you brought it this attention.
The one thing that sticks out that I don't agree with is placing blame on the person who believes spirits or entities are involved; I see no useful purpose for some trying to make the person believe they are at fault; this will not help in ridding one of any unwanted energy first of all.
There must be no guilt, but praying and asking for forgiveness of all known sins and unknown sins is beneficial and a good starting point.
I myself believe that spirits do exist and inhabit the earth and learning how to deal with an invasive oppressive energy is very important so that one is not labled as having a mental illness, but rather dealing with an extraordinary often unexplainable/unproven phenomenon.
In my case, I have been ridden of 4 negative energies and now left with one and I do attribute getting rid of the 4 to my own perseverance, blessings by Catholic Priests as well as the Exorcism blessings and Prayers. This was the route I chose to take because of my particular religion though.
What's interesting is I very easily could have exhibited many symptoms of someone with mental illness, but I was determined to deal with it and if necessary deal with it alone as is often the case. No one should have to go through voice hearing alone; we all need support. I also was not going to let anyone sway me in my belief as to the cause or source of the voice(s).
Do not waste time or energy trying to convince anyone that what you're experiencing is "real." You need all of your energy to deal with this phenomena because there isn't a handbook to my knowledge or a one size fits all type of thing to refer to. I stayed with my religion; developed my own methods and turned to Jesus and God most importantly. It is very important to have others though in similar situations to discuss this with though; I can't stress that enough for all.
I have found that I can leave the house without hearing this voice where as before I did hear the voice outside the house which I've found is common also. It is my plan and intention to move out of the present house I live in though as I do believe it, the energy, the voice dwells here only now.
Speak with others in such situations, but remember that each case is unique although some would argue this too, but we are individuals so each case is different and different approaches should be tried....
Again, very glad you made this post Paul because so many are diagnosed with mental illnesses when indeed it is not a mental illness.
Believe in yourselves, persevere and turn to God I believe. If spirits exist then so does God and that includes the "Holy Spirit." So much to learn still.
Be open to the coping/dealing methods of all types of voice hearers also.

I

IntrospectionFtw!

I always ask for one when im psychotic and my symptoms often mimic that of someone whose posessed, involentry movements, voices etc. i did do a prey to satan once and i thought that might have brought negative energy upon me i did loads of stupid narcissistic shit when i was psychotic. i thought i was some kind of mad genius didnt work out well in the end though.

Last edited:
parker

parker

Good article:)
You will have this disease for the rest of your life and you will NOT be able to manage without being
medicated for the rest of your life regardless of the side (direct) effects of the medication.’
This statement is a death sentence for many and I see it in the eyes of those who contemplate suicide
after being caught in the mental health system and being unable to find a way out of what they see as a life long prison sentence with no reprieve. In the last two years I have been to the memorials of two beautiful brothers who took their own lives a year apart for this very reason.
The mental health world condones giving any attention to what is happening on a spirit level as they say it just exacerbates the imbalance. But ignoring, suppressing and referring to anything that sniffs of that world as a delusion or hallucination is clearly not helping, and to now drug children as young as two years old for their behavior being inappropriate is just way to extreme!
This is very sad, it’s the main reason why I never got diagnosed. Me and my wife both agreed that medication would take the fight out of me, because I’ve always been a fighter
The energies/entities are coming to you or through you for a reason; there is availability within your emotional/astral body that they are attracted to. You are the most significant person in moving these energies into the light, as their relationship is with YOU.
This is a popular New Age saying, I don’t like it because it smells of guilt!!!!
Religion is coming back big time, as the world gets more chaotic. In some ways people are going back to traditional beliefs for a sense of familiarity and belonging. There are also New Age groups that are incorporating similar laws familiar to more traditional religious groups.
When my voices came I was really lost so I started looking into things that were familiar that was happening to me. New age was explaining some of these things. For example: a lot of meditators were having some of the same problems that I was having” But for me I really don’t care for New Age, its way to fluffy bunny, and constantly contradicts itself, and also runs to many parallels with Cults
I am not saying religion is to be shunned for those that have a deep connection, but it has brought so much shame, guilt, and judgment with it and lets face it behind every war there is a strong religious backbone.
I put this quote up because it relates with the next one
In my early days of madness I had to clear the entities from myself and learn about why they had come to hassle me. It’s about empowering yourself to stand up and meet the imbalance head on. There is great liberation in doing this rather than relying on someone to do it for you. Don’t get me wrong I am all for guides, teachers, path pioneers, and guru’s if that is your path. But these teachers could and should be guiding you back to empower yourself.
This is one of the things I don’t like about religion / praying, your giving your power/results away. Pat yourself on the back it was you and only you that accomplish any steps forward, believe in yourself
Whatever the attachment they/it, are lost in a state of imbalance and need guidance in the astral world to freedom.
To me this is another New Ageism belief, don’t care for it! I believe these things are parasites. They are what they are, this is what they do
Carry a good bullshit detector, find a good guide in this field, develop an open and compassionate heart, hold onto the sword of truth (not judgment) and you will gain a stronger sense of self and clarity of spirit
I like the term bullshit detector, there is so many charlatans out there. I’ve stumbled onto a couple of good ones on the net. But there’s so many out there that just use you for their own needs, whatever that may be?

Last edited:
I

IntrospectionFtw!

Can somoneone please explain to me how a dopamine blocker happens to slow the disease process of schizophrenia?, wern't these things used as mind control drugs against desenters in soviet russia?. now there fucking miracle cures convenient. i think they try to get you onboard early when you're still green to the whole maddness thing, at that young suggestable age their theories seem more plausable and who are you to question a surrposed expert?, a doctor?, a authority figure?, the first non dopamine treatment that becomes available im taking it.