• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

The wailing woman and the self-righteous male.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

This is what I was listening to today.

It is sort of turned into a lot of screaming and wailing.

They sometimes speak - but I have no idea what they want from me - or even what the point is???

D

Dissatisfied

is the self-righteous man listening to the women? why is she wailing? I think they should part ways and leave you in peace.

D

Dissatisfied

got nothing against men who chose not to drink... but love this quote, love the end of it - don't agree with it at all, but made me 'lol'

“Son, never trust a man who doesn’t drink because he’s probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They’re the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They’re usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they’re a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can’t trust a man who’s afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It’s damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he’s heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl.”
― James Crumley

D

Dissatisfied

agree with this though:

"Self righteousness belongs to narrow-minded.”
― Toba Beta, My Ancestor Was an Ancient Astronaut

A self-righteous person enthusiastically oozes the following attributes:

His opinions are correct, just because he is the source.

Others' opinions are suspect - especially when those perspectives are well informed, because the self-righteous one is not the source.

Self-righteous people are most interested in themselves and only interested in others to the degree that others support their image of rightness.

When a self-righteous person is truly out ranked, out smarted, or out classed, he usually shuts down and doesn't know what to do. It's as if there were no inner program with an option that allows for someone else to be better, smarter or have greater credibility.

and in the world of voice hearing, I guess a self-righteous voice would try and control how we think or feel as it's hard to choose healthy thoughts when we are being pulled in another direction. The self-righteous will not allow you form your own opinions and will argue with you until they have the last word.

I reckon the wailing women is fucked off with him, not being heard, and that's the only way she can get him to listen.

Last edited:
LORD BURT

LORD BURT

That was a nice quote - thanks.

It is my belief that I am hearing real people - how it works I don't know. I really wish they would leave me alone.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I say self-righteous - because the male voices talks calmly to me. Doesn't he realize he is crossing a boundary? It causes me distress? What gives him the right?

D

Dissatisfied

self righteous are usually the calm ones, in control and the ones around them are going crazy trying to get their opinions heard.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

self righteous are usually the calm ones, in control and the ones around them are going crazy trying to get their opinions heard.
Its all so pointless. It is just something I need to be patient with. It can't go on forever.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

agree with this though:

"Self righteousness belongs to narrow-minded.”
― Toba Beta, My Ancestor Was an Ancient Astronaut

A self-righteous person enthusiastically oozes the following attributes:

His opinions are correct, just because he is the source.

Others' opinions are suspect - especially when those perspectives are well informed, because the self-righteous one is not the source.

Self-righteous people are most interested in themselves and only interested in others to the degree that others support their image of rightness.

When a self-righteous person is truly out ranked, out smarted, or out classed, he usually shuts down and doesn't know what to do. It's as if there were no inner program with an option that allows for someone else to be better, smarter or have greater credibility.

and in the world of voice hearing, I guess a self-righteous voice would try and control how we think or feel as it's hard to choose healthy thoughts when we are being pulled in another direction. The self-righteous will not allow you form your own opinions and will argue with you until they have the last word.

I reckon the wailing women is fucked off with him, not being heard, and that's the only way she can get him to listen.
Yes 'being right' seems to be very important.

It always strikes me as odd, for those who are in the right have a carte blanche as to how they act. As if it is always excused or they have some divine right.

'Be right or be happy' Ellen Dye said that.

D

Dissatisfied

I'd listen to the wailing women, what is she trying to say! sounds like the self-righteous man is trying to prevent her expressing herself - perhaps when she is listened to, she will have something worth while to say, once she stops wailing that is.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I'd listen to the wailing women, what is she trying to say! sounds like the self-righteous man is trying to prevent her expressing herself - perhaps when she is listened to, she will have something worth while to say, once she stops wailing that is.
I don't want to listen to them. I have a good idea about what is all about. I wrote down the phrases they came up with a while back.
There is no point to it.

D

Dissatisfied

Yes 'being right' seems to be very important.

It always strikes me as odd, for those who are in the right have a carte blanche as to how they act. As if it is always excused or they have some divine right.

'Be right or be happy' Ellen Dye said that.
being right is so draining, or listening to it - much more harmonious to listen to other's points of view, sometimes it's less stressful to sit on the fence and consider all the views - rather than sticking to one rigid view and arguing that your view is the only correct one, very draining!

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

being right is so draining, or listening to it - much more harmonious to listen to other's points of view, sometimes it's less stressful to sit on the fence and consider all the views - rather than sticking to one rigid view and arguing that your view is the only correct one, very draining!
is it all too heavy going for me. they talk about people being beautiful and asking why don't i care about them. heavy topics for me. It is draining and it is a misery.

I would much rather watch star wars videos - listen to music - dream about my next car/bike

Not be fussed with all of this.