The Voices

C

Caketin

Okay.. So I've been hearing voices for a while now, ruffly 5-6 months, and I don't know if it's normal or if a bad thing. The voices only happen about a week to three weeks and it's always the same word, that word being my name. The voice changes but the word doesn't, except once where it say 'hi' and then my name. That time it was in my friend's voice. The other times where it had only said my name had the voice of my brother, my dad and some of my other friends. It's driving me crazy and I don't know what to do or if I should tell anyone. What should I do?

NWiddi

NWiddi

Mine says my name 50+ times a day but only uses one voice which sounds more or less like my own thanks to medication, unmedicated they have the ability to mimic other peoples voices but I assure you it's just one person you're talking to.

I believe we all have another consciousness that we share a body with, an inner twin brother/sister if you like, our mind is in the driving seat and they're like a passenger.

Most are happy to do their own thing and not reveal themselves to us but some like to make contact with us, they can be very different from our own personality so can be good or bad.

Mine is as bad as they come, he talks all day even though I haven't said a word to him for two and a half years due to his bad behaviour, he's verbally abusive and can cause me physical pain which I'm glad yours doesn't do.

Yours sounds like it just wants to talk to you, ask him/her (I don't know your gender) what he/she wants from you, they can be your greatest friend or worst enemy as they know everything you know and if things go well and you're interested in learning more I'd be happy to tell you what they can do for you as they have special abilities to make up for being in the passenger seat.

I wish you the best of luck, hopefully instead of being labelled schizophrenic like most of us here on the hearing voices section you'll be a healthy voice hearer and not need medication.

C

Caketin

Mine says my name 50+ times a day but only uses one voice which sounds more or less like my own thanks to medication, unmedicated they have the ability to mimic other peoples voices but I assure you it's just one person you're talking to.

I believe we all have another consciousness that we share a body with, an inner twin brother/sister if you like, our mind is in the driving seat and they're like a passenger.

Most are happy to do their own thing and not reveal themselves to us but some like to make contact with us, they can be very different from our own personality so can be good or bad.

Mine is as bad as they come, he talks all day even though I haven't said a word to him for two and a half years due to his bad behaviour, he's verbally abusive and can cause me physical pain which I'm glad yours doesn't do.

Yours sounds like it just wants to talk to you, ask him/her (I don't know your gender) what he/she wants from you, they can be your greatest friend or worst enemy as they know everything you know and if things go well and you're interested in learning more I'd be happy to tell you what they can do for you as they have special abilities to make up for being in the passenger seat.

I wish you the best of luck, hopefully instead of being labelled schizophrenic like most of us here on the hearing voices section you'll be a healthy voice hearer and not need medication.
Thank you for answering my question and giving this answer. I feel a lot better than I did before!

DiAnna

DiAnna

Best answer ever! I take Risperdol and wish I was a healthy hearer.

DiAnna

DiAnna

Yes, never nice. They try to control me and never hush. It’s very trying. And yours? Mine say they are neighbors but I know it’s not fact.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Apart from saying my name before everything he says and sometimes just my name and then nothing else for a few moments he also says "F-you!", "I hate you!", "leave me alone", "stop!" and "I can't do this" over and over again. He commentates on what I'm doing, tries to construct replies to people I've spoken to and repeats what I or others say, anything to keep talking.

He tries to control what I say and do but fails as his impulses are so weak when on medication, I know what's his influence now I'm on medication and I'm no longer his puppet which he hates almost as much as being on medication which takes away several of his abilities that he had before which makes me incredibly happy.

I've not said a word to him for two and a half years yet he still believes that nagging will change my mind and I'll talk to him without him making some serious changes like stopping messing with my body which is minimal due to me taking 2 types of medication and shutting up at least for a few hours each day.

O

OCDguy

Is this voice very loud, and is it outside of your head/body and if it is, does it always come from the same location? Sony for all the questions...

NWiddi

NWiddi

Always happy to answer any questions.

The voice used to be loud until I got medication which lowered it by around 95%, before medication it was in my mind and in my inner ears so it sounded like someone was in the room with me but meds make it just in my mind like my own thoughts but it sounds a little different from myself.

O

OCDguy

Thank you for taking the time to reply and your honesty :) When you say inner ear do you mean inside your head, or if not is it one particular inner ear :)

NWiddi

NWiddi

In both ears and since the sound isn't coming from outside it must be the inside of my ears that are stimulated to make the voices, I believe they can manipulate the hammer, anvil and the stirrup to create voices.

My voice was also able to intercept sound from the TV before my part of the brain could process it and change the words to suit him so it sounds like the TV is talking to you or speak in sync with the TV like he knows all the script which is why I believe voices are not only real and not imagination but a part of us.

Thankfully they can do none of this while medicated and can only speak to us in the mind like our own thoughts.

C

Caketin

Is this voice very loud, and is it outside of your head/body and if it is, does it always come from the same location? Sony for all the questions...
Its half an half, it happened a good few times when I was home and a good few times when I was out