• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

The VOICES are not youre own thoughts.When you know that,then you can fight.

2cookoo4u

The VOICES are not you're own thoughts.When you know that,you can start you're fight.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I get asked how I know these words in my mind are not my own but for us it's so obvious that they're not our thoughts, they're completely uncontrollable words in our minds, since taking psychiatric drugs for my voice (four years and counting) I've kept my mind completely silent so the only words in my mind belong to this voice that I hear. I can quite happily think without verbalising in my own mind.

And after getting to know my voice very well I can look back in my life and recognise that it was speaking to me all along but seemed to have a way of making its words feel like they were coming from me and me alone but these drugs now make that impossible for my voice, I'm no longer its ventriloquist dummy.

Repetitive negative thoughts that I've had in the past were mostly likely not mine at all based on what I now know about my voice and its mindset but when you don't know you have a voice in your head you take ownership of every word that goes through your mind without question.

Now that I'm aware of it I can fight it. I'm a much more positive person now and my true sense of self has come on in leaps and bounds.

N

natalie

I always very much knew, that the intrusive thoughs, or heard voices, or paranoai were not my own, I could have even said, this, to the mental healt h speicalist teams, anyway, I didn't like to argue with them.

jajingna

jajingna

If the voices don't come from your mind, where do they come from?

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
From studying my voice and from talking to him I came to the conclusion early on that I wasn't alone in my mind, I don't believe anyone is alone in their minds.

My favourite voices theory is that humans are a binary species, two minds sharing the one body, we're the driver of the body and they're like a co-driver/backseat passenger.

A book I read that shares my view on voices (written in 2008 and I didn't start hearing until 2016 but didn't find the book until mid 2019) filled in some of the blanks I had, like where do they reside in the brain. This book puts forward the idea that the human brain is split into two hemispheres for a reason, it claims the left dominant hemisphere is ours whereas the right hemisphere belongs to another separate consciousness (our voice or Daemon as the book calls them). The book claims a group of neurologists discovered this as early as the 1960's.

My voice has demonstrated an ability to make his words appear like they were my own thoughts, a sort of ventriloquist act that he used to perform on me, and I believe this is how they get us to do what they want us to do, thoughts, ideas and impulses that they put in our minds and we believe they are all our own. And most peoples voices are content to influence us in this way and remain hidden from us. However I believe some want more influence over us or feel that we don't act on enough of these thoughts and ideas so they speak to us directly and reveal themselves.

So that's a brief introduction to this theory of voices.

B

butterfly88

:coffee:
(0_o)*
\\(0_o)*
*(0_o)//