The virtual safe "psych ward" thread

E

EstherRose94

If we could open a place like that there would be nothing scary and there would be real beds! 🥰

Flameheart

Flameheart

ACCOUNT CLOSED
That’s crazy! I never would have guessed. Gosh.
well i guess in a way, that experience has scared me into not wanting to harm myself ever again

this was also not long after i had turned 18, the one i went to at 15 was the complete opposite, so i was very naive going into the second one

Keesha

Keesha

My daughter has a cat that actually retrieves. She throws stuff for him and he brings it back. If I can find the video I will post it
So does mine. I have small coloured spungey balls that I throw in the hallway for her and she brings them back. It’s so cute.

Poppy2014

Poppy2014

I wonder if I went to neverland then, my stay was nothing like anything anyone mentioned here.
I was in an open ward, able to move around as I wanted, no medication other than my regular meds, I had 1 hour in the morning with a counsellor and 30 minutes in the afternoon with the psychiatrist. I had books, TV, access to a garden and exercise. To be fair it was quite a decent place.
72 hours and back out, can't say it was my favourite place in the world, but it was certainly better than being in the community with crisis intervention phoning me every hour.
Followed up weekly at home for 20 weeks and then discharged.
I didn't need them for another 7 years, and while I definitely think the service has deteriorated since then apart from the 4 year wait for therapy, I can't say I've been disappointed in the service I've had.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

That last time I was in there was a couple of people I got on well with but it was very frightening and if you don’t comply the big men come in and force a needle in the bum to sedate you.
i got a question now daffy if it wont trigger you

do you get given a chance to cooperate with them before they have multiple people holding you down if they decide upon needle in the bum or do they just do it without you even knowing what they want to do sorry if this is triggering feel free to ignore if you find talking about it triggering :hug:

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
i got a question now daffy if it wont trigger you

do you get given a chance to cooperate with them before they have multiple people holding you down if they decide upon needle in the bum or do they just do it without you even knowing what they want to do sorry if this is triggering feel free to ignore if you find talking about it triggering :hug:
It’s not often that kind of thing happens, and you are offered the choice of voluntary medication. It’s only if your an immediate risk of danger to yourself or others that this would happen