The virtual safe "psych ward" thread

Flameheart

Flameheart

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Not wanting to cause anyone distress, but is someone confined to their room for the duration in these places :hug:
i was, but i think if you stay for long period of times you have scheduled breaks

the lack of funding going into these places was obvious, i didn't get a proper bed, they had to 'make one up' using a heavy gym mat and a couple blankets

OCDguy

OCDguy

Was you able to speak to the other patients?

wolram

wolram

Not wanting to cause anyone distress, but is someone confined to their room for the duration in these places :hug:
Not that I know of, i was in for 3 weeks and did not see anyone confined to their room, they do experiment on you with drugs though, some times a person would wreck their room then the nurses would just leave a mattress, the person was not punished just given drugs to calm them down.

G

Girl interupted

i was, but i think if you stay for long period of times you have scheduled breaks

the lack of funding going into these places was obvious, i didn't get a proper bed, they had to 'make one up' using a heavy gym mat and a couple blankets
Dear god, really?!

OCDguy

OCDguy

Wouldn't it be nice if there was a change to this...

B

Bunny7

No, you’re not confined to your room but often confined to the ward as not enough staff to accompany you anywhere else!

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
The last time I was in I wasn’t confined to my room , you could go to the day room or do your laundry but it was a locked ward . There were therapy groups that were on and you were expected to attend them. Once you were trusted you were allowed to the computer room but you could only get on certain sites.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

The last time I was in I wasn’t confined to my room , you could go to the day room or do your laundry but it was a locked ward . There were therapy groups that were on and you were expected to attend them. Once you were trusted you were allowed to the computer room but you could only get on certain sites.
What would happen if you didnt attend one of the therapy groups? :panic: like skived off?

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
What would happen if you didnt attend one of the therapy groups? :panic: like skived off?
Nothing really but it was looked on that you were non compliant and it would go on your notes . The only excuse they accepted was that you were tired but then they expected you to go to your room. So it was usually easier to go to the group for half an hour and if it meant getting out of hospital quicker I would do it. Plus the groups weren’t bad usually relaxation or anxiety management stuff.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Nothing really but it was looked on that you were non compliant and it would go on your notes . The only excuse they accepted was that you were tired but then they expected you to go to your room. So it was usually easier to go to the group for half an hour and if it meant getting out of hospital quicker I would do it. Plus the groups weren’t bad usually relaxation or anxiety management stuff.
so nothing real scary then? :redface:

G

Girl interupted

Midnight, you’re not currently in a ward, you’re ok. It’s normal for your therapist to make notes during a session. Xo

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Midnight, you’re not currently in a ward, you’re ok. It’s normal for your therapist to make notes during a session. Xo
i mean if you are in a ward (i know im not)

i know outside of a ward they use what you say against you :panic:

they write it all down and it goes in a "why this person is a bad person" book :hidesbehindsofa:

G

Girl interupted

Nope, not at all. You’re just having a short period of stress. It will pass. Hang in there. Xo

E

EstherRose94

That’s crazy! I never would have guessed. Gosh.