• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

The usual hellos

M

MrsB123

Hi, I'm MrsB...

Well where to start... I'm 26, married and overall very shy.

I have suffered MH problems since the grand age of 12... Them teenage schoolgirls can be oh so mean! I have been a self harmer since then.. And that's where it's all stemmed from... As ive got older things have gotten worse...

I suffered post natal depression after DD was born... The usual Prozac... Attempts with the MH team... Which failed...

Over the last 7 years ive been on various medication and now I'm at the stage of severe depression, social anxiety and still self harming. I am now (I use the term lightly ) recieving 'help' .... I have a mental health care worker .. A month or so in now... We are attempting something called the "recovery star" no idea really...

I have a few people who know the real me, not the fake one we all show... Even my husband mostly sees the fake me... But was hoping to find some Friends who I could get to know etc support each other ... The last one I made years ago committed suicide :(

That's me in a nutshell...

Mrs B out for now... x

W

Waverunner

:hi: and :welcome: to the forums

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
:welcome: to the forum.

I had the same experience at School than you and only now I am facing up to it.

I understand about having a fake and real you, I think everyone has those sides. Only two people who I am in contact get the real me and that is my Friend and my therapist.

Have a look round the forum we have sub forums for both Depression and Social Anxiety. I have Social Anxiety myself.

I'm glad you have help but I'm sorry about the self harming, I know how hard that is to control.

Take a look round and shout if you have any questions or need help.

Marliee x

M

MrsB123

Thank you I will do :)

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Welcome to the forum!
I have a fake face too

Mark_01

Mark_01

Hello, MrsB, welcome to the forum. You sound like a very good and interesting person with plenty of stories to share. Hope you like it here on the forum.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum. :hi:
I've not heard of the recovery star thing, but I hope it turns out to be helpful for you.
You've nothing to lose by giving it a go. :hug:

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

hello and welcome to the forums

C

Chardae

Hello :) welcome to the forums, I am going through a rough time at the moment so won't be much use, always around if you just need to vent. *hugs*

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Introduce Yourself 4
T Introduce Yourself 2