The truth about tarot

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

I've never had a tarot reading, but on visiting 'new age' type and charity shops, I've often looked at the decks. Some of them are really quite beautiful, like Angel cards. New age, Earth spirit, head shops etc - these are good places and have a certain charm and interest. They do for me anyway, even though I'm a bit of a skeptical sort :)

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I've never had a tarot reading, but on visiting 'new age' type and charity shops, I've often looked at the decks. Some of them are really quite beautiful, like Angel cards. New age, Earth spirit, head shops etc - these are good places and have a certain charm and interest. They do for me anyway, even though I'm a bit of a skeptical sort :)
There is a great little new age / healing shop near where i live, it's a hub for some quite interesting characters, & the proprietor is a mine of information.

i have Never & don't read too much into it. Divination systems are as old as humanity.

Yea, i like the designs of the different decks & the whole mythology of it all, as i do with other divination / contemplative systems.

i have a nice collection of crystals as well, & regularly burn white sage & light candles, as well as using some Rife & Radionics machines.

Although trained in a variety of healing modalities, i don't have any fixed system / dogma around it all, i just find it theraputic & healing.

in a general sense i quite like certain aspects of the newer religious / spiritual movements 'new age / neo-pagan - shaman / Universalist / non religious spirituality' etc.

i do however remain a free agent / spirit.

L

la femme folle

I have had lots of tarot reading but I think unless it is face to face it is no good. Probably I should have read about it first. Phone and online readings are just a way of getting money out of you, they come out with a few things but they tell you what you want to hear which makes you feel good about yourself and want to go back to them.

But it is true it is only advice, not the future. What you should do, and how things are now. You can change the future by the path you take. The tarot reader can't be 100%.

I must say one thing the tarot readers over the phone told me was very accurate and I wish I had listened to them but I can't change it now. :(

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

I recall having a set of runes once, in a little red bag. I don't know where I got them from. I doubt I bought them, but someone might have gifted them, or let me borrow them for a while. I used to have a book on numerology, and I found doing the calculations quite interesting, cos at the very basic level it's pretty easy to do. It was a step-by-step guide to be fair, and probably a serious practitioner would regard as a Ladybird book lol :)

I burn incense from time to time, one of my favourites being Vrndavan flower. It has quite a dense, but very striking 'white/grey' smoke, if you know what I mean, and a really intense, heady perfume. Not many people buy it cos it's fairly expensive compared to other incense available, and it tends to be sold in larger quantities than just say 15 or 20 sticks. Every time I burn it, those roundabout always comment on it, its presence and fragrance is so noticeable :)

New age shops and such like, are comforting cos it shows that people have a longing for something better, and almost unreachable. Like an itch that won't pacified no matter how often, harshly or gently you scratch :)

My great uncle lived and worked in India for a time, and his father was there for many, many years. They both loved it, and my great uncle would have gone back and retired there, quite happily. His wife was less keen, but they did go back and visit a lot, health permitting. He said to me India's got something - I don't know what, but it's definitely got something :)

I know what he means by that. It does have some kind of draw. I think humans will always have a kind of bug, where we seek some kind of 'everything will be alright' rest. Maybe it's evolution just saying hey guys, you can't keep still yano :)