• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

The strangest dream

invise

invise

I had this extremely intense dream last night, and its been plagueing me all day, and now I cant sleep. Ive been wondering if i should post it here all day too, so here goes. Ive 'altered' a few places etc so that if any1 that knows me reads this they wont know its me! but the idea is right.

In my dream I was on holiday on an island with my family and gf. We all had a big argument and I stormed off to the train station. I was looking up times / places to go, and it was all foreign, I got really annoyed. Then I met this girl I knew at school, she was in the exact same state / mood as me. We consoled each other and ran away on the train to airport then flew home. Throughout the dream I saw her taking medication, but didnt want to ask what. She eventually told me it was for mental health. I wanted to confess I also take meds but couldnt. The end to the dream was us walking from the airport to her flat.

At no point what so ever was there any sexual feelings. But I felt like I found a soul mate, like I could trust and confess in her. The emotions were so strong though, and I've not seen her for years! I barely even knew her at school, and didnt even have a crush on her! to be blunt, she was reasonably unknown to me. But when i woke up i felt like I was heartbroken because it was over.

This has been on my mind all day. Ive never dreamed like this before, it scares me, but at the same time I want the dream again.

Any thoughts?

Bella White

Bella White

I had a very similar dream a few months ago. Instead of an airport, it was in a shopping mall. I was with this guy who's been in my school. We hardly talked or knew each other or anything. I have no idea why I dreamed of him. I have no idea why he seemed like a soul mate to me, in my dream. I mean I don't know him! It was so confusing to me, after I woke up. In my dream we were both into the same things, and it seemed to nice. That dream made me so happy and I would love to have it again.

I've been very confused about that dream.

D

Dollit

Just on the surface both dreams seem to be identification with someone on a level that you don't have. A complete understanding without having to say anything, trust on a level you maybe don't feel right now.

The fact that the dreams are about people you never really knew that well seem to be about an idealisation of that one person that would understand and also perhaps a desire to return to a time when things were simpler and easier.

However I could be wrong, dreams are open to wide interpretation.

invise

invise

I think you may be right, 2 reasons...

identification with someone on a level that you don't have
Me and my gf have been having loads of problems lately. I dont feel like I can talk to anyone at all, and to be honest, I never really have.

a desire to return to a time when things were simpler and easier
This has been playin with me a lot for years. All my school friends have now got flats and live in the city (i live 20 miles outside). Its really detatched me from them a lot, and I feel like Im missing out. Every time i suggest or talk about moving out with my parents all hell breaks lose. "Dont make the mistakes we did!", "stay here til you can afford to move out", but im sure staying here is part of my problems. I can afford to rent, so I dont see what the problem is.

P

precious

i have similar dreams to this, i thought about yours in the way i thought mine meant. here goes. the feeling of being lost alludes to people around you not understanding and all seems that you are communicating in a language they cannot understand, hence the foreign language, the girl alludes to a simpler past but also that she is someone that you are not really attachted to although know and so she will help you or be with you in a virgin state (nothing sexual) the fact that she was totally at ease and open with taking her meds infront of you is to do with a level of true honesty without judgement, which although you really wanted to do this also still cannot but you have felt the emotions of having that freedom to do this with the girl who is totally open with you, because of her actions she makes you feel safe as she is going through the same and should understand.
reading between the lines you are in fear of being congruent and open incase of misunderstanding or judgement but you can see that by being totally open you are better understood. if that makes sense. anyway thats my take on it.

:confused:
Precious