• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

The slightest thing will send me into a rage.

B

baltic street

I have depression over 20 years, but now I more troubled by my rage. The slightest thing will send me into a rage and after the rage episode I usually get PTSD. I don't know what to do about my rage.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Former member
Rage is not pleasant for anybody. I would advise working on the root causes. In the meantime count to 10 before you explode and calm yourself down.

Cazcat

Cazcat

Staff Member on Leave
Have you ever done an anger management course? We all get angry sometimes and it can be helpful to learn strategies to deal with this constructively. I was talking to a CPN the other day who was enormous, a real mountain of a guy. I'm not sure how the topic came up, but he said that if he starts to feel angry he knows that he has to sit down or if possible lie down immediately as this helps him to feel less angry.

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

Former member
I agree with Cazcat about doing anger management. I am in anger management myself. But I still get angry. Maybe we could also get mood stabilizers?