• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

The Shame of Medicine: The Case of Alan Turing

D

dreambuggieII

Morning: Low feeling but fine.

Can't speak to Psych docs about how I feel, they keep saying I'm elated. I maybe here for another 6 months.

I cry every day.

but it's fine

:confused:

D

dreambuggieII

Problems...hey ho....

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PUiE1G-m_Ng&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PUiE1G-m_Ng&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

D

dreambuggieII

Sorry:

Wretched world weaving a way out through wonder
A mind that reaches for the words
Can find the way forward...linear, or which way my friend....anyway suffices

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.
Translation: "I will either find a way or I will make one."
:)

iffybob

iffybob

I love the baby pic, whats the betting the gun is loaded, and can I borrow it .....

I have known what they did to Turing for some time, it just shows what a bunch of ungreatful bastards run/rule this country, how many of those that he helped to save and there families persicuted him after, for somthing that was not perceived a problem at the time. Those people should be named and mocked for all eternity ....... and if I was realy truthful , subjected to the same treament, do unto other that which you would want doing to yourself.

I

IntrospectionFtw!

its terrible what happened to him, i think the prime minister issued a formal apology in the last year or so...not that its much of a consolation for his family.

R

rasselas

Well worth reading the essay.

This summed it up for me:

"Psychiatric destruction often begins with psychiatric self-destruction, the denominated patient believing the psychiatrist's self-deceptions about nonexisting diseases and their damaging treatments. "The worst enemy of truth and freedom in our society," declared Henrik Ibsen (1828-1906), "is the compact majority. Yes, the damned, compact, liberal majority." Let us not forget that the power of science is limited to informing and misinforming. It does not have the power to coerce. In contrast, power to coerce is the very essence of psychiatric pseudoscience allied with the state. Psychiatrists regularly characterize their power to coerce as "suicide prevention." The opposite is often the case. "

Dr Jekyl smilingly requests you take the pill. My Hyde snarlingly insists you don't refuse...

iffybob

iffybob

Umm........?

I suppose that is why they have such a hard time treating me........ and many abused kids, we dont belive what any one says, we have to convince ourselfs.......

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Schizophrenia Forum 18