The Self is Not an Illusion

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Opinions seem to be divided...
Of course! Has / does anyone ever agree on anything?

Any religious / spiritual idea / theory & statement about the World / Universe / Self / Reality that can be conceived of i think has probably been come up with at one stage or another.

There is No Universal agreement on anything. That appears to be part of the human condition.

Kerome

Kerome

It's a shame that those people who have made the journey - the tulku's, the guru's, the arhats - don't band together and say, things are like this.

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
But none of them agree either.
Just as our science / collected knowledge only really understands a small part of reality, i think it is the same with the 'spiritual & enlightened', however apparently so - they only understand a small part of things as well. & that may always largely be the case regarding science & spirituality within humanity / the human condition. All the 'Ultimate Ultimates' & different Religions / Spiritualities / Cosmologies are different & don't agree, & i don't think that any of them are ultimate. i personally feel that Nothing in the entire field of human religion / spirituality is anything but a very poor shadow / reflection of how everything is anyway. To assume / believe that any individual person, teaching, religion or system (regardless of who they are or claimed / were claimed to be) is in 'possession' of the whole / full truth i think is nonsense personally. No one agrees on or knows the full extent & nature of the Self / Reality (imo).

Last edited:
cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It's not that they agree or disagree. It's the way things are; they are, and they aren't. It is so, on one level, and it isn't so, on another.
We have the current World & mess it's all in that we do, that's as it is. We have arrived at the current state of things. But that doesn't answer the question as to the nature of truth & reality? Nor what religious / spiritual views are true? If any.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kerome Spirituality, Psychology and Psychiatry 8